I’m obsessed with my boyfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I never used to be like this but the more I’m falling in love with him the more obsessed I am becoming. I have started to feel insecure, think about his past gfs a lot and what their relationship could’ve been like, and I just generally don’t feel happy.

We have so much going for us so I don’t know why I can’t just look to the future and be excited. Why is this happening? Any thing I can do to go back to my old carefree happy self?!
pancakedreams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Do you have any hobbies?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
How much are you doing right now outside of your relationship? Do you have some of your own hobbies, friends etc? Obviously doing stuff together is great, but if you find you're doing EVERYTHING with him then that could really reinforce in your mind that your life revolves around this relationship.
So you could try doing a bit more by yourself/ with other people.

Likewise if you currently don't do much together or used to do more you might be feeling insecure because of that. You could try to make a bit more time to do stuff together or to remind yourself of what you DO do together (yes I said dodo). There's a lot of truth to the "honeymoon phase" and how difficult it can be getting used to the changed dynamic once you've gone from dating and being a cute novelty to eachother to being an everyday part of each others lives.

You could also try to have a think about anything else that may have changed in your relationship or either of your lives to see if that's triggering any subconscious feelings and insecurities.

At the end of the day he's with you now. Any past relationships don't matter cos he's chosen to be with you. Worrying about the possibility of separating at any point is just going to make you more stressed and put strain on your relationship cos you aren't fully happy/ secure. Yeah there's always the chance that even people who've been happily married for 50 years will break up, but at the same time unless you've got any reasons to worry that could be you there's really no need to consider it.

I hope that helps.
i cant even
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
im quite obsessive too, i love my girlfriend so much, i try to think of positives like im here now, im the one she comes to when she needs to, she loves me, not anyone else. im happy and shes happy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (20)
60.61%
No (13)
39.39%

Watched Threads