Emotional Drunk Watch

Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I used to find emotional drunks really irritating on a night out, everyone would be having a good time and then someone was bound to end up sitting in the corner crying about nothing!

But recently the past couple of nights out I've become one of them! I cried over nothing and couldn't even stop mysepf! At the time it didn't bother me but in the morning I feel so silly and guilty and still don't know why I felt the need to get so upset like that.

I was just wondering if it could be related to what I'm drinking? The couple of nights I ended up getting emotional all I drank was wine. Usually I stick to vodka and something but I've found that I need to stay away from alcopops because I can't sleep for about 2 days afterwards haha.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont think its to do with what you drink, alcohol is alcohol, perhaps you havent been in the right mind frame before going out, depending on my mood before i start drinking can effect how i act after ive had a crate
snorty_swirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i knw what you mean... i am normally a happy drunk but after the prom i had a drink and was happy and all for a while before i totally crashed (partially coz i knew i wouldnt see the guy i like for 2weeks)

Can you think of anything that could be upsetting you? no matter how small. Has this been happening when with a different group of people? Or different sort of party?
Aquamarine.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
There has been certain things upsetting me about my circle of girl friends at the moment but I didn't want them to know I was bothered haha.
εїз pinga εїз
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It tends to happen if you feel even slightly low at all, alcohol will push you over the edge.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
it can happen to anyone really. i think its all to do with how you felt before you get drunk. it just seems to be amplified.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Defintely, if you feel sad before you drink it can only get worse.
Elvendork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whenever my mum only drinks wine (especially red for some reason..), I notice that she's more of an emotional drunk.
So I think it's what you're drinking? Whenever my mum only drinks beer all night, she isn't as bad.
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm, I just get huggy and honest, whatever I drink.
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it is totally connected to what you drink. On white wine I go rather giddy and giggly which I wouldn't on my usual vodka based drinks. Where I just go fun and happy!
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep I think it's to do with what you drink.

I find with wine (especially red) I skip the excitable/giddy stage of drunkenness and fast forward to feeling tired and if I felt sad to start with, it makes it worse.

I think usually you can tell if you're not having much fun and get yourself out of the situation by going to the loo, or going home, or you can try and change the situation.

Though sometimes its pretty uncontrollable, I've burst into tears over dinner with friends and really couldnt stop. I reckon you can get away with it once in a while.. hopefully!
BOBO777
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I lose all awareness when i drink so i've tried to quit as i don't feel safe. My brother is an emotional drunk but to the point where he'll be emotional over personal things which make sense. You can't change how you act when your drunk.
glow stick
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I usually turn into James Bond when i'm drunk.

OP, Alcohol just accentuates the mood you were in before you started drinking, if you've been feeling a little down lately then that's probably the reason why it happened.
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had great times while drinking but once I hit rock bottom towards the morning for no reason at all...

Everyone went to bed, I stayed up with a bottle of vodka in my hand drinking it straight like a ****ing loser, watching the sunrise generally mumbling out moaning words about stupid stuff I never normally worry about like the death of a relative or something, lol!!

Sad time that morning was, I even made me a tea to keep me awake then poured in quarter a cup of vodka with it, so saaaad!!!

I don't know why it happened...??
Bear_Grylls
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by glow stick)
I usually turn into James Bond when i'm drunk.

OP, Alcohol just accentuates the mood you were in before you started drinking, if you've been feeling a little down lately then that's probably the reason why it happened.
i turn into the guy in your sig when im drunk
glow stick
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
You are a lucky man then, the girls must love you? :flute:
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The WORST Drunk I know is my best friend.

New years 2007....she called me at roughly 6pm "hi hun, I've just bought a bottle of wine, be there in about half an hour".....6.20pm "hi hun, I've just finished off the bottle of wine I'll be there now".

She arrived at around 6:45 (I was sitting at the bar bemusing the bar staff by ordering pints of Soda water), she was fine for all of about 25 minutes, then ended up looking a bit like a slug had suddenly become super mobile and morphed in to her limbs, so I frog marched her to burger king and fed her. A lot, she cried cause she was so happy I was such a good friend. Anyhoo around 7:40 pm we went to a bar...she was sort of sobering up but then decided to have a tequila....I still on the soda water then spent the next two hours holding her hair back and laughing my arse off at her (with the land lady at my side) whilst she threw up in the loo.

About 10:30 every seemed okay, she was looking a bit better and I'd managed to get her to drink lots of water...took her back to the original bar (her boyfriend was working there at the time) and plonked her down amongst other friends whilst I went off to have a little mingle.

At 11:20 I went to check she was ok, she was fine...I informed her I was off for about forty five minutes to go kiss my then boyfriend on the new year. She was ok with it.

Cut to me at 11:55pm in bar with my boyfriend waiting to count down, I start getting texts off her saying she feels suicidal, I'm her only friend, everyone hates her and she wants to kill herself, can I please come back?

I didn't I kissed my boyfriend, at roughly 12:10 I went back to the bar where she was....she was happy as a lark and dancing around. I sighed, picked up my bag, bought a bottle of mineral water and headed for the two hour taxi queue in the rain when I was stone cold sober and alone.

Was a fun night.

Last new years she ALMOST did a very similar thing, however I was prepared for it, and told her everything she needed to know, made sure her boyfriend put his arm around her and snuck off with my boyfriend (who she had a go at half way through the evening)...

alas she is my best friend in the whole worls and I understand her insecurities, I just wish they happened at times when I wasn't TRYING to enjoy myself.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Alcohol is a depressant. Duhhhh.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
fit
Bear_Grylls
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosaaa)
fit
especially the one with the green jumper, hes fit as
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads