Justanothersuit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi,

I currently have plans to spend a year abroad, outside the EU, at a language school before returning to the UK and then applying to uni. I was wondering if i would be eligible to receive student finance upon my return?

I'm aware there's a 3 year living requirement, but i have also read that under certain circumstances you can get around that. What are my options here?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Justanothersuit)
Hi,

I currently have plans to spend a year abroad, outside the EU, at a language school before returning to the UK and then applying to uni. I was wondering if i would be eligible to receive student finance upon my return?

I'm aware there's a 3 year living requirement, but i have also read that under certain circumstances you can get around that. What are my options here?
The residence requirement is based on "ordinary" residence. Your ordinary residence isn't affected by TEMPORARY stays abroad. If you can prove that your time abroad is temporary (using contracts, visas and flights/travel bookings) then your residence will stay as your UK residence even though you're living elsewhere.
Amy SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Justanothersuit)
Hi,

Hi there,

As long as you can show your break was temporary you will be required to provide evidence of your temporary break regardless of the length of time they were temporary absent for. A UK, EU and ROW Nationals who have been outside of the EU/EEA on a temporary break is treated as though you have never left the UK, as long as you are back in time for the course start date then this is acceptable.

Thanks, Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (217)
53.19%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.69%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.21%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.88%