UKcat Watch

forlopp
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Everybody's asking what the min score is for getting into courses on UKcat. Does anybody know what the max score is? I.E. how many marks are given for getting each question right?
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is no upperbound score, its like an IQ test, which dont have a maximum score to aim for. You have to ascertain the average score that people get in each section and aim abit higher than it. Everyones aims will be different. Also; altho not sure, I think the average is around 600 per section (correct me if Im incorrect) and unis will only be interested in u scoring above 600 (the average) in each section.
forlopp
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanks for that gyrase
MCRmy28
Report 10 years ago
I did mine this morning..and I got an awful score of 505...I particularly wanted to apply to KCL and QMUL ...I dont know whether theres any point in my even applying for dentistry anymore...could someone help point me in the right direction?
tomenthedon
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MCRmy28)
I did mine this morning..and I got an awful score of 505...I particularly wanted to apply to KCL and QMUL ...I dont know whether theres any point in my even applying for dentistry anymore...could someone help point me in the right direction?
dont be a drama queen
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its out of 900 for each section (other than the silly one at the end, of course).

you don't have to get 100% to get that mark though, apparently.
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MCRmy28)
hmmm i understand you're concern.

all i can do is give you a little anecdotal evidence - a friend of mine got rejected from medicine (which i'm guessing has similar standards to dentistry), and two of the unis cited his 'poor UKCAT' as a reason, his score being 610 I think (certainly above 600).

i think you can overcome this, there certainly are more important things that you can focus on, but you are at a disadvantage as you know.
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't u just take the ukcat again if u did poorly?
Banu_Hashim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
MCRmy28... im sure all is not lost. You're within the 500-700 average.

Btw... how did you find the ukcat? what was the format like? any tips?
Mozzi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gyrase)
Can't u just take the ukcat again if u did poorly?
you can only sit one ukat exam per academic year remember. :shifty: quite a bummer...and jeezzzuss i have mine at 3.15 today..:eek:
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mozzi)
you can only sit one ukat exam per academic year remember. :shifty: quite a bummer...and jeezzzuss i have mine at 3.15 today..:eek:
blimey that's a bit of a thread resurection. i must unsubscribe from some of these threads.

good luck though
Andy Conda
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
I scored 580 avg. which I admit is pretty poor for someone with three A grades. My referee has just informed that I have to put the score on my application (bummer :rolleyes: ).

However, I only applied to one Univiersity with UKCAT requirement (Cardiff). Will the other Universities take the score into consideration, even though they shouldn't? Tad worried
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.51%
No - but I will (25)
5.52%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (217)
47.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise