The Student Room Group

Leaving an apprenticeship for a full time job

I am currently doing an apprenticeship which I am really enjoying and it's a level 4 qualification (foundation degree) with subscription to a registered body at the end of it. However the pay is minimum wage (and probably would be if I got a permanent position at the end, although its very uncertain whether I will or not) and sometimes I find myself looking at full time jobs in the industry which are much better pay and on a permanent basis. For instance today I saw a really great role come up for a company we currently work with and it made me wonder if I am missing great opportunities such as these. Of course there is no guarantee I would get this job but I always wonder if I should have a go at applying. The only thing is that I really like where I am working now and I want to be able to finish my apprenticeship qualification. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
Reply 1
Original post by LiviLu
I am currently doing an apprenticeship which I am really enjoying and it's a level 4 qualification (foundation degree) with subscription to a registered body at the end of it. However the pay is minimum wage (and probably would be if I got a permanent position at the end, although its very uncertain whether I will or not) and sometimes I find myself looking at full time jobs in the industry which are much better pay and on a permanent basis. For instance today I saw a really great role come up for a company we currently work with and it made me wonder if I am missing great opportunities such as these. Of course there is no guarantee I would get this job but I always wonder if I should have a go at applying. The only thing is that I really like where I am working now and I want to be able to finish my apprenticeship qualification. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

None of this stops you applying any job you fancy though does it. No try no get!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending