ThinkingRightNow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm currently a year 12 student who wants to apply to Oxbridge and imperial. I recently got an E in one of my topic tests for mathematics, when I was getting A's previously. Will this at all affect my predicted grade? Or are they primarily focused on UCAS exams at the end of the year?
XiaoPan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
From what I know it depends a lot on the school. Schools may have quotas as to how many of each grade they think they’ll get and predict accordingly. Also if you are sitting As levels I’m sure they will play a major part of your prediction too. I would recommend speaking to your teachers as they will know best. Good luck and hope everything goes well
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ThinkingRightNow)
I'm currently a year 12 student who wants to apply to Oxbridge and imperial. I recently got an E in one of my topic tests for mathematics, when I was getting A's previously. Will this at all affect my predicted grade? Or are they primarily focused on UCAS exams at the end of the year?
We base ours on performance throughout out the year co one poor marl wouldn't affect a grade too much. Analyse why you didn't do well and maybe ask to do another test?
TheOtherTeam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Considering you're still early in Year 12, it shouldn't affect it too much, but you probably can't get any result like that again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.18%
Labour (443)
42.47%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.37%
Green Party (54)
5.18%
Brexit Party (28)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)