Job advice Watch

anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Is anyone else struggling to find a summer job? I've been looking for a few weeks, but have struggled to find jobs to actually send off applications to. I've searched online and been to the Job Centre, but have applied for relativly few positions because I do not fulfill the basic requirements; many employers require someone who has had previous experience or can work on a permenant basis.

Any suggestions about how to improvbe the situation?

Many thanks

Have a good summer
sozzberry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm looking into this company called Michael Wisher associates and basically they train you and then you work when you want, when you can, doing things like waiting and bar tendering at different events. They are in different places all over the country, look it up on google.
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try temping? If you are a fast typist you could most probably sign up by going into an agency such as REED or Office-Angels and they should be able to help you find a job. That is what I'm going to do today. It's worth a shot if you are a fast typist. (60+ WPM)

If not still try some online agencies such as Reed and Hays and loads of others, apply to as many jobs as you think you can do and you might get luck Good Luck.
xKarinx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just send your CV EVERYWHERE!! I tried for months to find a job and then i got invited to 3 interviews in a week and now i've got a job so just don't give up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (63)
37.95%
No - but I will (6)
3.61%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
52.41%

Watched Threads