what determines if you gain muscle or fat when in a caloric surplus? Watch

humayun.h
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Like if I were to eat a bunch of food and had a caloric surplus, by definition I would gain weight, but how much of what food do I need to eat. The same goes for cutting, what food determines whether I lose mostly fat or muscle? I put my details into a macro calculator for cutting and it told me to eat 150g of protein and 180g of carbs, I though I needed to reduce carbs a lot more to lose fat, should I stick with 180g of carbs or should I reduce it further?
desiboo22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
please dont become anorexic you need to eat more than that girl
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Every human body is different, therefore no one can give an exact answer.

The simple answer is, workout while you're increasing your calorie intake to reduce the amount of fat gained.
desiboo22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Every human body is different, therefore no one can give an exact answer.

The simple answer is, workout while you're increasing your calorie intake to reduce the amount of fat gained.
youre right but that can lead to an unhealthy habit like anorexia with impulsive exercising so be careful
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by desiboo22)
youre right but that can lead to an unhealthy habit like anorexia with impulsive exercising so be careful
Erh what?

What OP mentioned is normal, that's nowhere near anorexic, in fact that's probably above average. What is it with you and anorexia anyways?
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by humayun.h)
Like if I were to eat a bunch of food and had a caloric surplus, by definition I would gain weight, but how much of what food do I need to eat. The same goes for cutting, what food determines whether I lose mostly fat or muscle? I put my details into a macro calculator for cutting and it told me to eat 150g of protein and 180g of carbs, I though I needed to reduce carbs a lot more to lose fat, should I stick with 180g of carbs or should I reduce it further?
Lifting weights with progressive overload, eating enough protein and getting enough sleep contributes to building muscle, sadly there will be fat gain alongside muscle gain but you can minimise it if you are sensible (eat at a surplus of 200-300)
desiboo22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Erh what?

What OP mentioned is normal, that's nowhere near anorexic, in fact that's probably above average. What is it with you and anorexia anyways?
i use to be anorexic and it could lead to that ask a doctor you get happy by how thin youre getting
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
considering naturals gain 5-10lb muscle a year. most of your weight gain would be fat and water
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (40)
19.32%
Unconditional if firmed (16)
7.73%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.97%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.42%
No unconditional offers (144)
69.57%

Watched Threads