D-Pat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I need a job but I essentially live in the middle of nowhere. I can only work on weekend due to college and I don’t have my own method of transport. I live in a small mining village in the north east so their isn’t much employment opportunities nearby. Help
steph0468
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Have you considered online jobs? Those are the easiest for a person still in college.
D-Pat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by steph0468)
Have you considered online jobs? Those are the easiest for a person still in college.
Online jobs are tricky because my WiFi is still in the Stone Age. What kind of online jobs can I get and where can I sign up?
steph0468
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by D-Pat)
Online jobs are tricky because my WiFi is still in the Stone Age. What kind of online jobs can I get and where can I sign up?
Fair enough, that sucks. Some online jobs I've seen is proof-reading and tutoring, which you could probably do IRL too if your parent(s) has connections to other families with children / teens younger than you.

Otherwise, popular jobs include working at bars / pubs as a waiter or you can be creative and offer your own services e.g. mow people's lawns, wash their car. This is a more inconsistent way of getting money but it is quick and easy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (29)
65.91%
No (15)
34.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise