iFlops
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Sounds like I'm joking (kinda am) but my fashion sense is POOR. It's the second term of me starting sixth form, and I've felt like from the get-go, my suits have been awful, I regret buying them, I stand out like a sore thumb, etc etc, my life's so hard etc. Lmao I know this is incredibly superficial but it's a genuine insecurity which makes me feel uncomfortable for the entire eight hours of school. Legitimately felt like everyone got the memo to be stylish as f*ck and I seemed to miss that.
Point being, I was wondering if anyone had any style tips for someone who lacks any sense of fashion, please and thank you. If not, then it was nice to get this off my chest...a chest which is engulfed in a disgusting red blazer pfft
Last edited by iFlops; 1 week ago
JakeTSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lol just get the colours right. The actual outfit doesn’t matter much, colours are key.
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by JakeTSR)
lol just get the colours right. The actual outfit doesn’t matter much, colours are key.
Yeah, a lot of people are going for monochrome or navy blue. No idea what I was thinking with the red suit get up.
I think outfit matters a bit though, like shoulder-padded blazers are legit making me look like theresa may and I'd rather not pff
JakeTSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iFlops)
Yeah, a lot of people are going for monochrome or navy blue. No idea what I was thinking with the red suit get up.
I think outfit matters a bit though, like shoulder-padded blazers are legit making me look like theresa may and I'd rather not pff
Lol well if you know what you’re doing wrong then...
Don’t do it.
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by JakeTSR)
Lol well if you know what you’re doing wrong then...
Don’t do it.
This means I would be going to school in the nude lmao
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This means I would be going to school in the nude lmao
Definitely lose the red blazer
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Definitely lose the red blazer
Yeah for sure, I still don't understand what I saw in it to buy it.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like I'm joking (kinda am) but my fashion sense is POOR. It's the second term of me starting sixth form, and I've felt like from the get-go, my suits have been awful, I regret buying them, I stand out like a sore thumb, etc etc, my life's so hard etc. Lmao I know this is incredibly superficial but it's a genuine insecurity which makes me feel uncomfortable for the entire eight hours of school. Legitimately felt like everyone got the memo to be stylish as f*ck and I seemed to miss that.
Point being, I was wondering if anyone had any style tips for someone who lacks any sense of fashion, please and thank you. If not, then it was nice to get this off my chest...a chest which is engulfed in a disgusting red blazer pfft
Suits to 6th Form??? A bit too much tbh...
Sorry.. IDK if you're male or Female.. Imma guess male..
Either wear jeans and shirt or tracksuits... Wear a mixture of light and dark shirts (make sure they fit right.. Not too tight or too loose).. I prefer wearing black as it enhances the aesthetic of anyone... I would wear a mixture of dark and light jeans... (depends on the shirt) and don't get ripped jeans LOL...
Don't need some £300 shoes or anything.. I wear £20 shoes which look similar and also have a similar comfort...
Make sure you stand straight and have a confident but not overconfident posture...
Workout to make the above more natural..
Never get a box haircut...
There are plenty of youtube videos on fashion for more advice...
000_0000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do u have to wear it for uniform? if u do then go for black blazers im a girl but i got a brother and he always has to wear black suit to 6th form
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
Sorry.. IDK if you're male or Female.. Imma guess male..
Either wear jeans and shirt or tracksuits... Wear a mixture of light and dark shirts (make sure they fit right.. Not too tight or too loose).. I prefer wearing black as it enhances the aesthetic of anyone... I would wear a mixture of dark and light jeans... (depends on the shirt) and don't get ripped jeans LOL...
Don't need some £300 shoes or anything.. I wear £20 shoes which look similar and also have a similar comfort...
Make sure you stand straight and have a confident but not overconfident posture...
Workout to make the above more natural..
Never get a box haircut...
There are plenty of youtube videos on fashion for more advice...
I'm not a guy, but hey, some of those tips are still pretty useful so thank you.
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by 000_0000)
do u have to wear it for uniform? if u do then go for black blazers im a girl but i got a brother and he always has to wear black suit to 6th form
Eh, kinda. We have to wear smart clothes, not proper uniform necessarily. Also, I'm not a guy either pff
000_0000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Eh, kinda. We have to wear smart clothes, not proper uniform necessarily. Also, I'm not a guy either pff
sorry i judged plz forgive me but i would normally were long skirt with blouse
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by 000_0000)
sorry i judged plz forgive me but i would normally were long skirt with blouse
Lmao honestly I don't care. Thank you for your advice though
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hahaa our school forces us to dress smart
The boys have to wear suits and ties
The girls have to wear smart trousers or skirts then shirts (the blazer is optional)
I think it's better tho so you don't have to stress about how you look
I still wear trainers tho and the teachers haven't clocked yet
śilvers
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
honestly i’ve been having insecurities about my clothing choice but i’ve learned to just shrug it off. as long as you’re comfortable with what you’re wearing, go for it! i personally like wearing wide shirts and jeans or long-sleeves polo since they’re super comfy!
iFlops
Rep:
?
(Original post by śilvers)
honestly i’ve been having insecurities about my clothing choice but i’ve learned to just shrug it off. as long as you’re comfortable with what you’re wearing, go for it! i personally like wearing wide shirts and jeans or long-sleeves polo since they’re super comfy!
Ahah, problem is, I don't feel comfortable in it. Wide shirts and long polos sound ace though
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xxlaila03xx)
Hahaa our school forces us to dress smart
The boys have to wear suits and ties
The girls have to wear smart trousers or skirts then shirts (the blazer is optional)
I think it's better tho so you don't have to stress about how you look
I still wear trainers tho and the teachers haven't clocked yet
Raaahhh... high school was ok but in 6th form??? Naa... gives prison vibes..
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Raaahhh... high school was ok but in 6th form??? Naa... gives prison vibes..
It does feel like a prison ngl
But what can you do
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just go on Instagram and see what "influencers" with a similar look and build to you with lots of followers are wearing. Try and find British ones though as obviously different countries have their own fashions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.18%
Labour (443)
42.47%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.37%
Green Party (54)
5.18%
Brexit Party (28)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)