FantasyAngel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello, i'm in year 10. i just did my first exams and my grades are terrible, i got 1/13 in Religious studies (ran out of time), 21/50 in biology, 17/50 in Chemistry. 14/19 in German listening. i haven't gotten all my grades back, but i know i didn't do too well.
how can i change, in order to do better. i want to get 8's and 9's in my GCSES if i can
ItsAMeJess
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FantasyAngel)
hello, i'm in year 10. i just did my first exams and my grades are terrible, i got 1/13 in Religious studies (ran out of time), 21/50 in biology, 17/50 in Chemistry. 14/19 in German listening. i haven't gotten all my grades back, but i know i didn't do too well.
how can i change, in order to do better. i want to get 8's and 9's in my GCSES if i can
Heya! I'm year 10 as well and can completely relate to your issue. At the beginning of this year, my grades hit an all time low. My science grades especially. I was scoring under 10% of marks on nearly every test. I never focused in class and never took the time out to study. Then I moved to year 10 and began to try. The best way to pick your grades up is to focus as much as you can in class. Ask questions if you need to. Avoid talking to friends and such in lessons, it's a distraction. Also, take time to study subjects at home. So you can really understand anything you learnt throughout the day. Doing this, I'm now one of the top-achievers in most my classes. I'm scoring above 95% on every test, and I'm still going. If you keep up revision and all, you'll be fine to get the grades you want to achieve. Trust me.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lots of practice papers and questions will help you with timing in religious studies- if you got 1/13 though there's probably gaps in your knowledge too so make sure you have some notes or flashcards.
you've still lots of time to improve so don't worry too much, a lot can happen in the next 2 years.
focus in lessons, make sure you're making notes for each subject as you're going along so you're not stressed when it comes to exams. revise regularly too, in small chunks though- you don't want to overdo it!! consolidate learning at home, especially if you found stuff difficult in class.
quizlet's good for languages, i believe cgp does practice stuff for german listening so worth purchasing some of their stuff on amazon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (51)
72.86%
No I haven't decided yet (11)
15.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (8)
11.43%

Watched Threads