Girls who drive Watch

Ministerdonut
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Right say your driving a long and you see a goodlooking Lad would you toot at him?

Because apparently men who do it to girls are sexist nasty pigs according to this girl in my sociology group. Apparently no girl likes it and they feel self concious. Iasked if it mattered how goodlooking the bloke was doing the tooting:rolleyes: and she then got more wound up and said it doesn't make a difference.

I then asked her if she had ever tooted at a nice looking guy? and she said no , none of her friends would. They might look and nearly crash . but they wou;dn't toot at some strange man. I then said it had happened once or twice to me. She didn't believe me but said even if it has those girls were 'trash' as normal girls don't behave like that.The girls that were there seemed to agree with her but that doesn't say much as I think they were trying to keep the peace. (me and this girl don't get on)

I can't see why a toot and when you see something nice when you driving is so threatening? if a girl tooted me I would be flattererd. in fact it would big me up for a bit.
m4n0ran
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Girls liked being noticed. Why do you think they wear mini skirts and those low cut tops, (and makeup ofc).
teh_samby
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like being beeped at when I'm walking down the road, it makes me feel good. I don't think I would beep at a guy though, purely because I'm too busy concentrating on driving to be beeping at people.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really like it when it's creepy. It seems to happen a fair bit where I live. One guy beeped, turned around and pulled up along side me, saying "he really liked me and would like to see me again"... I was like "you got that from the back of my head?"

I'm not sure why men do it, and no I've never done it, nor would I. A simple beep of the horn can be ignored and it's fine enough really, it's when they put their head out the window or whatever that it is just weird.

And no to the poster above, it doesn't just happen to girls in miniskirt/low cut tops.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If some random guy beeped whilst I was minding my own business, I would probably freak out lol. I would never do it to a guy, and in my experience (of watching others get beeped at lol), it tends to be scary-looking middle aged men that do it, but then I don't get out much lol.
m4n0ran
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
And no to the poster above, it doesn't just happen to girls in miniskirt/low cut tops.
Er, no? I said that girls liked to be recognised and noticed and gave an example from what they wore.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by m4n0ran)
Er, no? I said that girls liked to be recognised and noticed and gave an example from what they wore.
I would never wear a mini skirt and a low cut top. Maybe a mini skirt with black tights, but never a low cut top - I get cold easily Not all girls wear that sort of thing. I certainly don't like being noticed by people I don't know.
Ministerdonut
Rep:
?
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
I don't like it. It seems to happen a fair bit where I live. One guy beeped, turned around and pulled up along side me, saying "he really liked me and would like to see me again"... I was like "you got that from the back of my head?"

I'm not sure why men do it, and no I've never done it, nor would I. A simple beep of the horn can be ignored and it's fine enough really, it's when they put their head out the window or whatever that it is just weird.
I respect that. I am guilty of it but only when I'm with my friends and we are beeping at a group of girls on a night out.And sometimes they come over for a bit of banter depending on the car we are in!! I'd never do it to a girl on her own.

Don't quite understand why because some girls behave differently to her and her friends they are 'trash' however.
Q_M
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Women are driving now? They will be wanting the vote next.
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
I would never wear a mini skirt and a low cut top. Maybe a mini skirt with black tights, but never a low cut top - I get cold easily Not all girls wear that sort of thing. I certainly don't like being noticed by people I don't know.
:ditto:
princess1729
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't stand being beeped by a stranger. Friends/family sometimes do it when they see me so I turn to wave cheerfully at them..only to find prewave its some complete randomer. Creeps me out big time.
blueberrymuffin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
beeping is fine, its when they shout "alright sexy? i wanna shag you!"... then i get annoyed!!
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just hate it when it's like 30 year olds.. Especially when the person's not even smiling, they're tryna do that whole sexy look.. I usually start laughing cuz I'm so damn uncomfortable.

I'd probably do it if I were excessively drunk. And not driving of course.
Ministerdonut
Rep:
?
(Original post by Q_M)
Women are driving now? They will be wanting the vote next.
I know whatever next .I still haven't got over the fact they call men 'pretty' and beautiful now.

'When I was in the war grumble grumble'.
ACDC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Believe me, don't do it, just makes you seem like a nasty 'ol perv.
onthejubileeline
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really care if I get honked or not, I always have my iPod on full volume, so I wouldn't notice. I probably would honk guys when passing in the car, but never seriously, or because I'm attracted to them - usually at randomers just for laughs.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by m4n0ran)
Girls liked being noticed. Why do you think they wear mini skirts and those low cut tops, (and makeup ofc).
Erm.. please don't make blanket statements about what "girls like" in general. Some girls may like it and dress accordingly to attract attention; on the flip-side there are plenty of us who don't dress provocatively and really hate that sort of attention.

In answer to the OP - no, I wouldn't do that. I don't find people who beep at me to be chauvinistic per se, but it does make me feel uncomfortable. People who make crude comments, on the other hand, should be shot. Grr.
ACDC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ministerdonut)
I know whatever next .I still haven't got over the fact they call men 'pretty' and beautiful now.

'When I was in the war grumble grumble'.
We'll stop it if the blokes lay off calling the girls 'handsome' :p:
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There was this builder in the road bending over, so my sister and I thought that it was about time to get our own back! Toot toot!
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When my mates driving im always honking at girls, so now he just pulls over and says excuse me my mate fancys you, or excuse me my mate has somthing to say to you lol, they always take it in good humour though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads