Looking to buy a laptop Watch

Jadel_L
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've looked on both the stickies but i couldn't find anything to help me.

I quite like the look of the Dell inspiron 1525, but the only place other than the Dell website that i can find it is PC World, and as the service is meant to be rubbish i don't want to buy from there and i think the Dell website is slightly overpriced.
The one i saw in PC World was the 250gb one which was about £450 and the same one on the Dell website is £100 more which i can't really afford to pay.

I also like the look of the Dell Studio 15, but again the only place i can find it is on the Dell website.

I want something for under £500 if possible, but i can go over if i find the right one. I'm not just looking at Dell, i'll consider anything.
I want it to come from a well known shop name or the brands website so it can be easily repaired if anything goes wrong.
I won't be using it for anything special, just everyday uni work. But i would like to use it for the three years. I don't want to have to buy another one.
I want to be able to use Adobe Photoshop on it as i do a lot of photography but this isn't essential.
I won't be doing any gaming on it, but i would like to watch dvds on it to save me taking a tv with me.
I'd like quite a big hardrive as i have a lot of music and photos so the minimum would be 160gb.
I don't want anything that looks too bulky, i prefer the slimmer looking ones which is why i like the Dell so much, and the battery life doesn't really matter.

Sorry its so long and thanks for any help.
Princeoftermina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't offer alot of help here, but I've heard that Toshiba laptops have good build quality. My brother and my father both have Toshiba laptops (bought them for around £300 each) and they've lasted very well. If possible, try not to be too hasty- shop around for the summer, checking HotUKDeals.com all the time for good deals. Occasionally, you'll find a laptop that's around £100 cheaper than it usually retails for.

Good luck!
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For the dell ones, have a look around to see if you can find money off codes.
I got £100 off my Inspiron 1520 just by finding a voucher code online (should have costed over around £820, actually cost £710).
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Princeoftermina)
I can't offer alot of help here, but I've heard that Toshiba laptops have good build quality. My brother and my father both have Toshiba laptops (bought them for around £300 each) and they've lasted very well. If possible, try not to be too hasty- shop around for the summer, checking HotUKDeals.com all the time for good deals. Occasionally, you'll find a laptop that's around £100 cheaper than it usually retails for.

Good luck!
I"d vouch for that. I had Toshiba laptop and I never had a problem with it in the 2 years I had it. It had a massive HD, infact I dont think I ever managed to fill the HD...I could also watch DVDs and it even had an ariel built in which meant I could have watched TV on it. Sadly it was stolen during a burglary and I"m unlikely to see it ever again and its above your budget, it originally cost me 2k and I see they are still selling for around 1.5k mark.
Jadel_L
Rep:
?
I've been looking around for a while and the only other two places i can find the 1525 are Tesco and Currys but the one i want is out of stock in both.

Would it be better to save £40 and get the one with 120gb hardrive and 2gb memory or should i wait to see if the 250gb hardrive and 3gb memory comes back into stock if it does at all.

Princeoftermina, I didn't like the toshiba, its got a rubbery feel to it on the mousepad. But thanks for the help anyway
MGT_90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jadel_L)
I've been looking around for a while and the only other two places i can find the 1525 are Tesco and Currys but the one i want is out of stock in both.

Would it be better to save £40 and get the one with 120gb hardrive and 2gb memory or should i wait to see if the 250gb hardrive and 3gb memory comes back into stock if it does at all.
You could just customise it online...
Jadel_L
Rep:
?
(Original post by MGT_90)
You could just customise it online...
On the Dell website it comes to over £550, thats over £100 more expensive, i don't wanna waste money
Lilflipsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can register with dell, and they sometimes send you 10% off coupons.
jay8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What are people's opinions on the Dell Studio 15? It looks nice to me, but I know nothing about laptops.

Ideally I'd like a macbook because I love my brother's. But they just seem so expensive for what they are in comparison to other makes...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads