Problem/Question - Applying For Accomodation Watch

ILoveCalpol
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just trying to get this online application done today, I've picked my first two colleges (Furness/Pendle), the 'Campus Accommodation', next '40 week let'...

But I'm confused over room type, the only options i have are -

Standard Studio Superior Ensuite

I just wanted a regular en-suite, for 91 quid a week. I thought 'superior en-suite' meant a slightly larger and more expensive en-suite, which i don't want. Does this mean there are no regular en-suite rooms left?! Or are they just all called superior and I've mis-understood. Please if someone could help quickly, I'd like to get this done this afternoon.

EDIT** Just done some more checking and apparently all that's left in furness is 'Standard' and 'Superior En-suite'. But i didn't even realise there was superior en-suite at Furness, is there? I'm so angry, I've only just got my accommodation email. How can my first 3 colleges be out of en-suite accommodation already!
michaelbenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ILoveCalpol)
Just trying to get this online application done today, I've picked my first two colleges (Furness/Pendle), the 'Campus Accommodation', next '40 week let'...

But I'm confused over room type, the only options i have are -

Standard Studio Superior Ensuite

I just wanted a regular en-suite, for 91 quid a week. I thought 'superior en-suite' meant a slightly larger and more expensive en-suite, which i don't want. Does this mean there are no regular en-suite rooms left?! Or are they just all called superior and I've mis-understood. Please if someone could help quickly, I'd like to get this done this afternoon.

EDIT** Just done some more checking and apparently all that's left in furness is 'Standard' and 'Superior En-suite'. But i didn't even realise there was superior en-suite at Furness, is there? I'm so angry, I've only just got my accommodation email. How can my first 3 colleges be out of en-suite accommodation already!
There appears to be a lot of confusion about this. Basically Superior Ensuite and Normal Ensuite rooms are the same thing, they will cost the same, but the only difference being that the rooms will be located in slightly newer buildings for those in Superior Ensuite rooms. I don't think you can specifically choose between Superior Ensuite and Normal Ensuite, either a College offers Superior Ensuite or they offer Normal Ensuite. I think the distinction is more of an administrative thing

Also rooms are not allocated immediately upon your completing your application, they will be allocated come A-Level Results Day in August once candidates have accepted their place/met their conditional offer. Although it is best to reply to your accommodation email as soon as possible to give you the best chance of getting the College you want (i.e., Cartmel!).
jenkazza
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was wondering about this too. Glad there's no difference in price.

I really hope that colleges aren't being allocated now as I didn't reply to my email until a couple of days after I got it. I emailed an accommodation officer earlier in the year with an enquiry and she said:
"As soon as you get your application form, which will be on line this year, please do respond immediately as it is a popular college."

So I'm not very hopeful
JordanLUFC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by michaelbenson)
There appears to be a lot of confusion about this. Basically Superior Ensuite and Normal Ensuite rooms are the same thing, they will cost the same, but the only difference being that the rooms will be located in slightly newer buildings for those in Superior Ensuite rooms. I don't think you can specifically choose between Superior Ensuite and Normal Ensuite, either a College offers Superior Ensuite or they offer Normal Ensuite. I think the distinction is more of an administrative thing

Also rooms are not allocated immediately upon your completing your application, they will be allocated come A-Level Results Day in August once candidates have accepted their place/met their conditional offer. Although it is best to reply to your accommodation email as soon as possible to give you the best chance of getting the College you want (i.e., Cartmel!).
Well, same thing in the fact it's a room with a bathroom, but normal en-suite (like those in John Creed buildings, County) have bigger rooms and bigger bathrooms, Superior En-suite is a much smaller room, just newer. The normal en-suite is quite old so isn't in the best condition
ILoveCalpol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Cheers for all the replies, just applied now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (517)
37.63%
No - but I will (107)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (94)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise