my friend made me laugh during the remembrance silence, what do i do? Watch

lozzers0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Today we had a silence for the remembrance day and we have to stand in alphabetical order and next to me is my really funny friend and he made me laugh during the silence, it was not only me laughing but I instantly felt guilty and I’m not the sort of person to disrespect anything like that and I would never deliberately do it. Afterwards I got told off by a bunch of teacher for being disrespectful and I have apologised countless times but I still feel guilty about the whole situation, I don’t know what to do to make up for the situation and pay my respects and therefore stop myself from feeling guilt and embarrassment whenever I think of the situation. Any advice?
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bit early for remembrance, it isn't till Monday.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn’t worry about it.
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lozzers0)
Today we had a silence for the remembrance day and we have to stand in alphabetical order and next to me is my really funny friend and he made me laugh during the silence, it was not only me laughing but I instantly felt guilty and I’m not the sort of person to disrespect anything like that and I would never deliberately do it. Afterwards I got told off by a bunch of teacher for being disrespectful and I have apologised countless times but I still feel guilty about the whole situation, I don’t know what to do to make up for the situation and pay my respects and therefore stop myself from feeling guilt and embarrassment whenever I think of the situation. Any advice?
give like a tenner to help for heroes and 3000 hail Mary's
lozzers0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Bit early for remembrance, it isn't till Monday.
Yes, we only did it today as I’m in secondary school and they do it around the same time every year
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:tong:
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't worry about it if you've already explained yourself and apologised- that's all you can do really . I remember something similar happened to me when I was about 13 or 14. We were having the two minutes silence and I just happened to think about something funny we'd been talking about earlier and started laughing. It was completely uncontrolled and I was horrified at what I was doing. The teacher sent me straight out of class and when he came back he was really yelling at me, telling me how disrespectful I was and that I should be ashamed of myself. I felt so bad about it and was almost in tears. I had a lot of explaining and apologising to do after that. Even though I made it clear it was completely unintentional I still felt guilty about it for a while afterwards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
27.27%
Spring (7)
15.91%
Autumn/Fall (13)
29.55%
Winter (8)
18.18%
I love them all equally (4)
9.09%