Is it rude to tell someone they’re so shy ?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So the other day I took quite offence to my sister telling me I’m so shy and I need to open up more . I’m well are of my shyness but I hate when people point it out I find it quite rude . She said when we are going abroad in a few months that I should try to be more open and social . Do you think she was being rude or has my best interest at heart ??
ellaswords
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i get called shy all the time too. i mean, yes, i am, i know this & acknowledge it. sometimes it does seem that if someone was to say my name, they’d be like, oh yeah, ella, the shy one that don’t talk much right? i guess it’s a thing people remember me from. but yeah, i do find it a little annoying because there’s is more to me than just that
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ellaswords)
i get called shy all the time too. i mean, yes, i am, i know this & acknowledge it. sometimes it does seem that if someone was to say my name, they’d be like, oh yeah, ella, the shy one that don’t talk much right? i guess it’s a thing people remember me from. but yeah, i do find it a little annoying because there’s is more to me than just that
Yeah it’s so annoying I hate it but do you think my sister was being rude for what she said or not ??
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's a douche move, yes.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So the other day I took quite offence to my sister telling me I’m so shy and I need to open up more . I’m well are of my shyness but I hate when people point it out I find it quite rude . She said when we are going abroad in a few months that I should try to be more open and social . Do you think she was being rude or has my best interest at heart ??
she wasn't rude. She tried to help you.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like she was trying to give you advice rather than criticising you. I don't think it's rude in the context you've provided.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I dont Think she means it to be rude but i myself would find it quite so, i mean there is nothing wrong in being shy and anti-social, I personally thinks it’s annoying when people tell me to open up more, I just don’t feel the need to and I don’t understand why I need to be like everybody else just because they think it’s the only way to be🤷*♀️
ellaswords
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah it’s so annoying I hate it but do you think my sister was being rude for what she said or not ??
it doesn’t sound like she intended on it sounding rude. to me, it seems like she was just trying to help you, although it may not have came across as the most helpful of messages.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No she was just trying to help you.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It might be a bit 'forward' from a stranger, but it's your sister! She's just being frank with you: try not to be oversensitive about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (75)
18.7%
Labour (161)
40.15%
Liberal Democrats (86)
21.45%
Green Party (30)
7.48%
Brexit Party (12)
2.99%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.5%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.25%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)