GcseAyub
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For which subjects shall I make notes using cgp revision guide and for which subject subjects shall I use the big chinky textbook.

I'm in y10 and study maths English sciences business geography Spanish creative I media

I benefit from making notes but I dodnt know which source is best?
Mona123456
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GcseAyub)
For which subjects shall I make notes using cgp revision guide and for which subject subjects shall I use the big chinky textbook.

I'm in y10 and study maths English sciences business geography Spanish creative I media

I benefit from making notes but I dodnt know which source is best?
Hi there.

Maths - I never made notes (other than occasional flash cards) and just did practice questions.

English - I memorised the texts, and made condensed notes on them from class notes and YouTube videos (I never had a textbook). Then also did a lot of practice essays of course!

Sciences - I used revision guides in Year 10 then textbooks in Year 11. I would definitely recommend textbooks if you’re aiming for an A* and intending to take the subject at A Level, but otherwise it’s still possible to get an A (or even A*) using the revision guide, as long as you do past questions.

Languages - I took French not Spanish, but the advice is probably transferable. Definitely use your textbook to memorise the vocabulary and do the listening and reading exercises. For speaking practice, you need to ask your teacher for help or practice speaking out loud or to a sibling. For writing, do lots of practice questions.

Didn’t do any of the other subjects, sorry. Hope this advice helps!
GcseAyub
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (75)
18.7%
Labour (161)
40.15%
Liberal Democrats (86)
21.45%
Green Party (30)
7.48%
Brexit Party (12)
2.99%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.5%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.25%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)