is there still a chance for my unconditioal? Watch

coolidoli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I really would like to have my place at dmu()
I have heard that some ppl recieved unconditional offer if they make them as a firm choice and i wonder if im still waiting for three other courses is there still a chance they offer me a unconditional offer if i make them firm(when all uni reply and i will have to make a choice or if they didnt ask now so they wont ask at all). They want me 3 basic subjects with 50%. I got 96%/70% and one 46% but one extended at 53% and other one at 70%. Is there a chance they would offer me a place after i miss 4% from basic subject? Please help me cause im just a second from crying
Last edited by coolidoli; 1 week ago
originalbiscotti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
from my experience DMU give out a hell of a lot of unconditionals, when they make you an offer, if it is unconditional it will state that you need to make them your firm choice and then they will update UCAS track with the unconditional.
If you have received an offer which doesn't state this - then it is not unconditional and placing them as your firm wont make an difference as you will still need to meet the entry requirements.

im not sure on their requirements in terms of who gets an unconditional.
coolidoli
Rep:
?
(Original post by originalbiscotti)
from my experience DMU give out a hell of a lot of unconditionals, when they make you an offer, if it is unconditional it will state that you need to make them your firm choice and then they will update UCAS track with the unconditional.
If you have received an offer which doesn't state this - then it is not unconditional and placing them as your firm wont make an difference as you will still need to meet the entry requirements.

im not sure on their requirements in terms of who gets an unconditional.
should have i recevied this on ucas track somewhere in list? or they would just send me e-mail or contact in other way? cause i didnt get any information from ucas as it said only to achive 50+ btw havent i already met the conditions? i have 2x basic 50+ and 2 extended 50+ doesnt it mean i already meet the given goals? im really stressed )
originalbiscotti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by coolidoli)
should have i recevied this on ucas track somewhere in list? or they would just send me e-mail or contact in other way? cause i didnt get any information from ucas as it said only to achive 50+ btw havent i already met the conditions? i have 2x basic 50+ and 2 extended 50+ doesnt it mean i already meet the given goals? im really stressed )
having met the goals doesnt automatically get you an unconditional, i assume youre still awaiting results?
unconditionals are based off personal statements and references etc, not just grades.

when they made an offer they would have stated on track if it was unconditional
coolidoli
Rep:
?
i have gap year and retaking some subjects to increase %

thats a shame i thought if i already met goals then i have safe place but then i would have to worry for a year straight
De Montfort University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by coolidoli)
i have gap year and retaking some subjects to increase %

thats a shame i thought if i already met goals then i have safe place but then i would have to worry for a year straight
Hi coolidoli,

Please don't worry too much. We give out unconditionals to some people with good predicted grades as well as people who have already achieved the grades stated in the entry requirements. However, this does not mean that everyone with the grades would receive an unconditional offer. What DMU goes the extra mile to look for is, as originalbiscotti said, the quality of your personal statement, your references, and who you are.

If you want some clarity, I would recommend speaking to our enquiries team. They may be able to give you a bigger picture of the selection process and suggest the best way forward for you. Their number is: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck with everything

- Niamh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (217)
19.41%
Labour (477)
42.67%
Liberal Democrats (212)
18.96%
Green Party (57)
5.1%
Brexit Party (30)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.36%
SNP (16)
1.43%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.89%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)