How does one make the time go faster? Watch

Crissi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am so anxious waiting for my results. Time is going so slow, this is like the slowest 5 weeks of my life. How in the world do i make it go quicker? I have way too much time on my hands so i keep worry what if i fail/ do badly/ don't get into to my firm?!!!! Any advice on how to make this time go quickly?

Thanx!
spicyred
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know this is easier said than done but you need TO STOP WORRYING/THINKING ABOUT IT. After i exited the exam room, i was finished with that exam! I recommend you get more active, having fun is a great way for time to fly by!
sozzberry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keep yourself busy, get a job (then you earn money too), go out with friends, cook, find some class or other to go to and learn something new. It's no use worrying, nothing can be done about it now. Good luck!
Richie90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know this isnt very positive, but one thing we were advised to do was to research alternative courses available in clearing for results day, then we wouldbe prepared to act fast if the worst should happen. I would reccommend you do this, but for no more than a week.

Other than that, try and arrange days out with friends, get a job, learn to fend for yourself - since you will be going to university, the possibilities are endless...
Crissi
(Original post by north_western_manc)
I know this isnt very positive, but one thing we were advised to do was to research alternative courses available in clearing for results day, then we wouldbe prepared to act fast if the worst should happen. I would reccommend you do this, but for no more than a week.

Other than that, try and arrange days out with friends, get a job, learn to fend for yourself - since you will be going to university, the possibilities are endless...
Way a head of you i have already formulated my clearing list, with matching phone numbers (the ones i could find). In order of the one i want to go to the most to the least. The sad thing is i do not have many friends, and the ones i have we are on "different wave lengths" so to speak. Which is why i anticipate uni so much because with the thousands of people around i know i will find some like minded friends. I guess thats why time is going really slow as well, i'm really looking forward to it!
Cerulean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Invest in a time machine.
Crissi
(Original post by sozzberry)
Keep yourself busy, get a job (then you earn money too), go out with friends, cook, find some class or other to go to and learn something new. It's no use worrying, nothing can be done about it now. Good luck!
No one wants to hire me! Seriously because they know i'm leaving come september. I really could do with a job because i am beyond broke! I need to clear up some debts...ugh
sozzberry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha join the club, it's really difficult finding temporary employment. If anyone figures it out please share!
spicyred
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe you should join a club? i'm currently at a theatre club and our show is next week, we have so much rehersals and its a lot of fun..plus time really does fly! and i made loads of new friends..
Davetherave
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Buy a faster watch. Or maybe soup up the one you already have.
Crissi
(Original post by spicyred)
Maybe you should join a club? i'm currently at a theatre club and our show is next week, we have so much rehersals and its a lot of fun..plus time really does fly! and i made loads of new friends..
Oh that sounds like a good idea!
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crissi)
Way a head of you i have already formulated my clearing list, with matching phone numbers (the ones i could find). In order of the one i want to go to the most to the least. The sad thing is i do not have many friends, and the ones i have we are on "different wave lengths" so to speak. Which is why i anticipate uni so much because with the thousands of people around i know i will find some like minded friends. I guess thats why time is going really slow as well, i'm really looking forward to it!
With ALL due respect, I think this may why you don't have many friends. Maybe you need to lighten up a bit and stop worrying so much.
Crissi
(Original post by tomoli)
With ALL due respect, I think this may why you don't have many friends. Maybe you need to lighten up a bit and stop worrying so much.
No prob i take no offense. To be honest my friends do not even know where i applied to because then i start getting "pressured" or they may have negative things to say and what not. I really don't want to get "dragged down" so i have kept it very quiet in regards to where i am going.
HCD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take enough sleeping pills to induce a coma.

Disclaimer
Do not blame me if you die from OD or never wake up.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HCD)

Disclaimer
Were you abused as a child?
Crissi
(Original post by HCD)

Disclaimer
Lol, no thank you haha.
Zii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get a job, that's what I did. Mind, time's still going slow, and it goes even slower at work, so... yeah.
HCD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
Were you abused as a child?
:rofl:

I abused Teebs as a child, if that counts...?
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
:rofl:

I abused Teebs as a child, if that counts...?
Teebs was never a child, he was born a man. A real man. Unlike someone who spends their days flipping through catalogues to take a look at the women he can never encage.
bex_26797
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is a really structured idea so may seem dull prior to doing it.
I don't know if you are going to uni away from home but it would probably seem more fun if you were doing this prior to going away for a while.

Compile a list of things you want to do...

e.g. Ten places you want to go.
Ten films you want to watch
Ten photos you want to take
Ten books you want to read

Or start your uni wardrobe
do chores :rolleyes:
bake
do something new each day
journal
make a montage of photos
compile an awesome play list for your ipod
spring clean and get rid of all the stuff you no longer need - this is also good for reminising because you will inevitably find pictures from when you were young.
Practise new hairstyles

or volunteer at some charity shop, they are always looking for willing volunteers plus you could meet new friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise