Gloom boys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have my "Of Mice and Men" and unseen poetry exam in January (higher tier, year 11 should be aiming for an A) I'm okay with the novel but I struggle a lot with poetry. Anyone got any advice on how to revise poetry or find the techniques in the exam?
GemGoth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I usually kept practicing using unseen poems with perhaps similar themes,try ordering the cgp unseen poetry revision guide?you can also find unseen poem pairs on TES.practicing questions and asking your teacher to mark them is the best way but you can also just practice speed planning where you only spend 5(10 minutes when you start this technique)minutes planning answers to questions otherwise full answers can be marked by your teachers and you can get feedback.for any named poems you study try using a revision guide to annotate the poem with language techniques and alternate inferences,thinking about explicit and implicit ideas.Use gcsepod and mr bruff/mr salles on YouTube,make notes and just make sure you try exam questions and get them marked it’s the best way to get a high grade
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
worth being familiar with techniques that are used in poetry and terminology- you can make flashcards for this but the best way to prep for unseen is to practice questions really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (98)
70.5%
No I haven't decided yet (26)
18.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (15)
10.79%

Watched Threads