invasion of privacy? or not? Watch

Kink
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
We all know that the news can go a little too far..or does it?

It's a sensitive topic, as it refers to today's events.. Sky News broadcast live all of Corporal Sarah Bryant's funeral procession today - it's a very sad event in lots of peoples lives and I offer the family condolences in this tragedy.

However, I can't help thinking that having live coverage of a person's funeral procession is an awful thing to do by the broadcaster. Watching it with me, my dad felt it was an honourable thing to do, that it would help people to remember her. I didn't agree, in fact I felt quite disgusted that a company would try to move in on a person's funeral like this..

Am I awful for just thinking the news casters are making a profit out of this, that they are doing it for just a big news story blowing it out of proportion? Also, there have sadly been many deaths amongst the troops...I don't know why I think it is terrible being very publicised just because she is a woman..

Am I just looking at it the wrong way, or are there other things involved? What do you think about Sky News letting us witness the funeral?
TheGimpMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow... Why would anybody watch a funeral on TV?

I can understand the need to recognise the sacrifice made by the woman, but I don't see how watching her funeral comes into it...

Pretty morbid if you ask me.
Kink
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by TheGimpMan)
Wow... Why would anybody watch a funeral on TV?

I can understand the need to recognise the sacrifice made by the woman, but I don't see how watching her funeral comes into it...

Pretty morbid if you ask me.
It wasn't the ceremony, just the walk upto it with the coffin and stuff...still I think that is wrong to put on tv for the wrong reasons!!
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sky? Did they stop the procession for an ad break?
dh00001
Report 10 years ago
why did they show her funeral and no other troops? i thaught we were meant to live in an equal society.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.26%
No - but I will (21)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.81%

Watched Threads