New TV for University Room? Watch

DeSiFiEd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm about to start looking for a nice (small to medium sized) flat-screen TV for use in my bedroom at University!

I'd prefer something in black, and looks good (preferrably NOT the Dora the Explorer TV my cousin has in USA..LOL).

Not really sure about size - what do people usually have in their bedrooms? lol, would be used for TV/Movies/Gaming so something at a good size/ratio would be nice. A HDTV Slot would also be great, so I can link my laptop to the TV and play AVIs or use the screen on the TV!

It including Freeview/Freesat would also be a bonus too; I don't want to have an extra clunky box lying around! And a DVD Player inbuilt too would be good (even better if it supports DivX!!)

So all in all, I want pretty much everything - but as cheaply as possible haha. I could sacrifice the DVD/DivX as I'd have my laptop available to plug in usually too, but in case I want to watch and work at the same time!

Any ideas? I saw one a few months ago that included all the above for like £200 at Currys..should have got it :mad: but they don't have that model/offer anymore

Thanks!!
shuvle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132112
King4eva
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ebuyer is a great site i need to get a tv 2
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shuvle)
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132112
wow thats the exact tv i was about to recomend as i just bought the 22 inch one with an inbuilt digital reciever, so i spent a while researching them
shuvle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
.. I know my TV's! I also Like to have everything Samsung, TV, Monitors etc.
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Callipygian)
wow thats the exact tv i was about to recomend as i just bought the 22 inch one with an inbuilt digital reciever, so i spent a while researching them
oooh that is nice! might actually get that, provided I can find a cheap-ish DVD DivX player! The past year really annoyed me that I couldn't work and watch TV; as I only had my laptop, and I work on my laptop lol.
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
On second looks, is that Samsung just a TV? i.e. without freeview or anything? Its a pretty good price, but hmmm! Its a shame the wii doesn't natively support DVDs or avi files
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DeSiFiEd)
oooh that is nice! might actually get that, provided I can find a cheap-ish DVD DivX player! The past year really annoyed me that I couldn't work and watch TV; as I only had my laptop, and I work on my laptop lol.
i got this one yesterday, http://svp.co.uk/product/samsung_sm2..._monitor_44240
but i think there was only 1 because when i got the email saying, we have picked your product out, and are ready to dispatch, they went out of stock. This has digital TV, ive seen it for sale elsewhere but for alot more.
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
hmm not bad..hasn't been restocked and cant' find a similar-ish price tho grr.
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, you probably wont find one a simialar price.
i was seriously chuffed when i found it
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
hmm yeah, I suppose I got a few months..fingerscrossed something similar pops up!!
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
What do people think of this:

http://svp.co.uk/product/viewpia_lm_..._t_tuner_44420
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads