When should I send my personal statement Watch

YellowCookies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Its ready and will I be disadvantages if I send it in december...i am applying to all russell groups
Zahra_2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If it's ready why don't you apply? I don't see the point of waiting. Plus unis tend to give more offers early on.
Ld2708
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
i’d apply asap if it’s ready, better to have it off and for you to not worry about it, i sent mine on Wednesday and got an offer for interview on the thursday
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by YellowCookies)
Its ready and will I be disadvantages if I send it in december...i am applying to all russell groups
If it’s ready then send it to your referee.

It doesn’t affect your chances of an offer when you apply if your application is submitted to ucas by the January deadline.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Zahra_2001)
If it's ready why don't you apply? I don't see the point of waiting. Plus unis tend to give more offers early on.
Universities don’t “give more offers early on”
YellowCookies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Universities don’t “give more offers early on”
Aren't they given on a rolling basis
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Aren't they given on a rolling basis
Universities have fixed criteria set at the start of the cycle that applications are measured against. If an application meets those criteria they get an offer. Very few applications are rejected.

Courses that are over subscribed will put marginal applications on hold until after the January deadline to decide which applications will get an offer.

There’s NO advantage to applying early. Universities don’t “run out” of offers or make more offers to early applicants.
YellowCookies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Universities have fixed criteria set at the start of the cycle that applications are measured against. If an application meets those criteria they get an offer. Very few applications are rejected.

Courses that are over subscribed will put marginal applications on hold until after the January deadline to decide which applications will get an offer.

There’s NO advantage to applying early. Universities don’t “run out” of offers or make more offers to early applicants.
So I will be ok if I apply in December or Jan for religion Philosophy and ethics at russell group unis???
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
So I will be ok if I apply in December or Jan for religion Philosophy and ethics at russell group unis???
Of course

Look on Which? University for your courses - most will make offers to nearly every applicant (80%+).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (220)
53.27%
18-20 years old (no) (54)
13.08%
20-25 years old (yes) (65)
15.74%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.18%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.81%