When do you think I'll receive an offer/rejection? Watch

foldingdeckchair
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I sent my application off to my school last Friday (the 1st November) and they only completed my reference and sent it off today... I'm really worried it will affect my chances of getting in, because I applied to really good universities.
I applied for English Literature at Durham Manchester Edinburgh and Cardiff, as well as the English Literature and American Studies combined course at Manchester.
I know they don't process them over the weekend so I'm worried I'll have to wait a whole week before hearing anything back...
Mona123456
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by foldingdeckchair)
I sent my application off to my school last Friday (the 1st November) and they only completed my reference and sent it off today... I'm really worried it will affect my chances of getting in, because I applied to really good universities.
I applied for English Literature at Durham Manchester Edinburgh and Cardiff, as well as the English Literature and American Studies combined course at Manchester.
I know they don't process them over the weekend so I'm worried I'll have to wait a whole week before hearing anything back...
Hi there,

It’s entirely normal for Unis to take 1-2 weeks to get back to you, if not longer. Some Unis are super fast (I had an offer from one in less than 24 hours!). Some are very slow (Durham especially is often known for taking a long time).

Especially for top Unis that have heavily oversubscribed courses, they might not give out offers and rejections until after the January UCAS deadline (15th). For reference, I sent my application off about a month ago and still haven’t heard back from 3 of my 5 choices. It’s entirely normal to be waiting for a while, so try not to stress and to just forget about it (as much as you can anyway!) and focus on your other priorities. You’ve done the difficult bit of sorting and sending your application - well done! - so now try to relax and focus on school life.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It won’t affect your chances at all.

I’m not sure why you’re expecting answers within a week though, you could be waiting months.
13stokes
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by foldingdeckchair)
my college did the same thing I sent my UCAS and my tutor had it for 3 weeks!!!! (sent off the 28/08/19) and it hasn't effected my chances at all! I applied to Exeter, Birmingham, Bath, Southampton and Warwick and I've heard back from Southampton and exeter already within a week and got offers! try not to worry because I know lots of competitive unis don't do rolling offers anyway and they wait to give out offers (eg. Warwick)

Good luck!
Last edited by 13stokes; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (66)
51.97%
18-20 years old (no) (14)
11.02%
20-25 years old (yes) (25)
19.69%
20-25 years old (no) (0)
0%
25-30 years old (yes) (11)
8.66%