Friends that use me Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Please keep anon

If I count all the people i consider as friends.... I only have one that has never used me.... the others accuse each other of using me but do the same thing.... I just don't know anymore.... I really am a pushover .... i know i need to grow a back bone and learn to say no..... but when i sit there thinking yes i will do it i end up giving in as soon as someone comes out a bit boisterous i give in... i don't know what to do
shoeaholic1234
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i feel the exact same...no matter how hard i try to say no, my "friends" always manage to sway my decisions....
Fezz
Report 10 years ago
The people you call friends Clearly arent!
i'd get rid of them and start a-freash!
DONT GET CRUSHED; you're better than them
The Hitchhiker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stand up. Just say no and leave it at that or if you'd prefer initially to have an 'excuse' make one up and tell them. You can do whatever you want.
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need to stand up for yourself! Even if they look like they're getting mad, you have to bring yourself to do it once. Once you do it for the first time, it's good from there cuz then your so-called "friends" are like "Uh oh.." ;p
nickj
Report 10 years ago
break the cycle ... say no and they will probably change their perception of you as a pushover. If they stop talking to you because of it they were never your friends, but you might find they actually change how they act towards you and give you some respect for it!

If nothing else it will make you feel a lot more in control of your life and more confident
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HONESTLY surprised you refer to them as friends...
jgupta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Hitchhiker)
Stand up. Just say no and leave it at that or if you'd prefer initially to have an 'excuse' make one up and tell them. You can do whatever you want.
what he said
DominF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're not really friends; you shouldn't NEED to "grow a backbone". You'll know you have true friends when you can be accepted as you are.
x y z
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds hard but you need to stand up for yourself. Otherwise you'll just be walked over for the rest of your life and that's not nice.
jh_1988_england
Report 10 years ago
how are they using you?
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just say no, and carry on saying it when they try to persuade you... If you don't take yourself seriously, do you actually, honestly expect others to take yourself seriously?

...because they won't, and this has happened. But you can stop it; it's easy! Just keep on saying no. Simple.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads