The Student Room Group

Ielts requirement

I had recently took an itelts test and ahd the result of an overall of 7.5 but a writing of 6.5.However, I wish to go to LSE which require a 7 in each component.Should I reatke the test now or after I receive the offer?Will it be too late?
I think that it actually is part of your offer, so as long as you achieve the grade before the A level results day you should be ok.
Reply 2
Original post by yankang.qi
I think that it actually is part of your offer, so as long as you achieve the grade before the A level results day you should be ok.

Do you think the school will accept a miss of 0.5 for writing if I really get an offer?Really don't to retake it...
Original post by wong1010
Do you think the school will accept a miss of 0.5 for writing if I really get an offer?Really don't to retake it...

I don't know, I think these are more hard and fast boundaries so you would have to retake it. Best to ask the admissions team though.
Presuming that you are an international student, they are unlikely to be flexible with their IELTS requirements unless you have another accepted English qualification. They will potentially be issuing you a CAS for study in the U.K., so need to be able to evidence to the UKVI you you have met their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending