Left out for second year housing Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So earlier I got a message from 2 of my flat mates saying that they’re signing a contract for a house next year with some of our friends from a different flat. I feel really left out of this and honestly quite upset as I was hoping to live with them and the different flat next year, I mentioned it a couple of times but they just said they didn’t know what they were doing yet.

I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t want it to be awkward for the next year as I’m obviously still living with them, but at the end of the day I’m upset so don’t want to just ignore it and let them walk over me. I haven’t replied to the message yet because I’m not sure what to say, and I’m home this weekend so won’t be back at uni until Monday.

Any advice or anyone been in a similar situation?
Lawnut
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why not message back and say that if there’s a room going spare, you’d love to join them. They can only say no but you never know if you don’t ask. If they say no then try not to get too upset or stressed and ask around your other mates or people on your course to see if there are any houses you could move into. People can be rotten. Don’t let them get you down.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lawnut)
Why not message back and say that if there’s a room going spare, you’d love to join them. They can only say no but you never know if you don’t ask. If they say no then try not to get too upset or stressed and ask around your other mates or people on your course to see if there are any houses you could move into. People can be rotten. Don’t let them get you down.
Thank you, yeah I’ll ask them. I have friends on my course too so I’m going to see what they’re doing as well - I appreciate your advice
jegrah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So earlier I got a message from 2 of my flat mates saying that they’re signing a contract for a house next year with some of our friends from a different flat. I feel really left out of this and honestly quite upset as I was hoping to live with them and the different flat next year, I mentioned it a couple of times but they just said they didn’t know what they were doing yet.

I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t want it to be awkward for the next year as I’m obviously still living with them, but at the end of the day I’m upset so don’t want to just ignore it and let them walk over me. I haven’t replied to the message yet because I’m not sure what to say, and I’m home this weekend so won’t be back at uni until Monday.

Any advice or anyone been in a similar situation?
Unfortunately, this happened to me too. Whatever you do, don't do what I did and move in with a live-in landlord. They will likely treat you like ****. Maybe find another house with other students? That way, you might make some new friends and at least they would still be around your age and hopefully on the same wavelength as you when it comes to house rules.

Good luck!
Lawnut
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No probs. Good luck with everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (98)
70.5%
No I haven't decided yet (26)
18.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (15)
10.79%

Watched Threads