Not sure I want to go to uni anymore because of my crush Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm going to uni to study a subject simply because I'm interested in it, not for a career. I'm probably going to end up working minimum wage on the tills after uni because I don't really have any career goals. However I'm having second thoughts about this because I have a huge crush on someone. We've spoken like once or twice and I'm ready to chuck everything out the window for him and just stay in my home town forever. The fact that I don't really HAVE to go to uni is tempting me to just not go, for him. What do I do?
bleepbloop63
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you could always apply to university just to keep your options open. at the end of the day you should just do whatever makes you happiest but at the same time don’t limit your options
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't change your plans for a boy. If things are meant to work out with him then it'll work out no matter where you are.
imo__o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is a significant amount of people I know that go to uni and study a degree because they enjoy it rather than because they have some sort of career in mind. That’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for wanting to study something. You don’t need to already know what you want to do. Don’t stay in your home town purely for a boy. That wouldn’t be very reasonable.
amitdhan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going to uni to study a subject simply because I'm interested in it, not for a career. I'm probably going to end up working minimum wage on the tills after uni because I don't really have any career goals. However I'm having second thoughts about this because I have a huge crush on someone. We've spoken like once or twice and I'm ready to chuck everything out the window for him and just stay in my home town forever. The fact that I don't really HAVE to go to uni is tempting me to just not go, for him. What do I do?
I will suggest that please go to university. Their you will achieve wholistic personality development which includes career. You need to understand that you are presuming that you have crush on someone and it is not a two-way love. At this age, it is natural for these kinds of thoughts but speak to your parents, counsellor before taking any decision. Education is the most important factor in life above than boy or career. All the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (215)
19.32%
Labour (475)
42.68%
Liberal Democrats (212)
19.05%
Green Party (57)
5.12%
Brexit Party (30)
2.7%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.36%
SNP (16)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.9%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)