depression - please help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
is it ok to say your depressed if you are not diagnosed with it but sure you have it. my parents dont believe me and say that i am too young for this but i know that thats not true
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Have you ever been to the gp?
plot racer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
is it ok to say your depressed if you are not diagnosed with it but sure you have it. my parents dont believe me and say that i am too young for this but i know that thats not true
i get what your saying, i had a period of time when i felt i was depressed but i coudnt tell if it was depression or anxiety because their very similar but i think if your having the depression symptoms then you could potentially have depression. sometimes you dont need to see GP for some things because you just know you have it.
r3320
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
age and depression are not mutually exclusive.

i really recommend you do go to a GP or something for validation on it. however, in my personal opinion it is much like anxiety - you don’t need to be diagnosed, you know you have it.

for the sake of receiving support please do seek further help though
plot racer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
but if your for sure you have depression you can research ways to stop it since your parents wont take you to therapy because they dont believe you.
kls123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by plot racer)
but if your for sure you have depression you can research ways to stop it since your parents wont take you to therapy because they dont believe you.
You can make an appointment with your GP. It will be confidential and the GP will be able to help you whether or not it is depression
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You can always go to your designated gp alone as you are able to visit a doctor at any age I believe and it is strictly confidential and only the two of you will know but if you think you might you may as well go find out. Don't be afraid to ask for help as it can really help.
Last edited by Capitalist_Lamb; 4 days ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Have you ever been to the gp?
I dont really want to go i know everyone says to but i dont think it will make much difference to me. I am just very nervous about talking to random people let alone about this.
blackmyst3ry
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I dont really want to go i know everyone says to but i dont think it will make much difference to me. I am just very nervous about talking to random people let alone about this
As a person suffering from depression myself, here's the advice I have for you.

1. More than other people, depression is a conflict of interest with yourself. So, show yourself some love and care. Eat right, sleep right as much as you can. Take a reset day.

2. Set yourself small challenges as part of your self-care routine. You are going to need to maintain and come up with a support structure to build confidence and ownership of your life. Don't let depression rob you from who you are. Set aside time for thinking/overthinking. And set aside time for doing.

3. Search for Douglas Bloch on Youtube. He runs live sessions on YouTube every Sunday at Noon, Pacific time in the US. You can ask him questions in the chatbox on the Live session on Youtube. He is also a depression survivor. You can set up an anonymous account and your parents don't even have to find out, and you can get support at the time.

4. One of the ways, I figured, to maintain my sanity is to do 1 thing every day, that I haven't done before. I created a Vlog and started journaling daily to write down my emotions and take stock of how I'm feeling, what I'm struggling to get done. This helps me reason with myself to get the most urgent things out of the way. You will have to learn to prioritise.

5. Remember, that some days all you need to is just breathe.

There is always someone to listen to you <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (259)
54.41%
18-20 years old (no) (60)
12.61%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.81%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.89%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.25%