I kind of overthink situations WAY too much... Tips? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I texted friend(ish), we'll call them friend A, but after like 5 mins they didn't reply, and it was kinda urgent (ish), so I asked another classmate (who btw is really close with friend A). Then, I deleted what I asked friend A, and like a few seconds after I deleted the message they responded... But then I told them that I had already asked the other friend so it was fine, but idk if I should've told them I'd asked the other friend because I didn't want them to think I didn't expect a response from them, I was just slightly impatient and asked both so that I'd surely get an answer... Now thinking about this, it's really petty... I tend to overthink the tiniest of situations and I really hate this habit, any tips to stop me from doing this?
frantika
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A quote I love is: "If it doesn't help, why bother?"
Worrying won't change what you have done. So just, r e l a x. The past is gone.
In future, pause and think things through rather than rushing if you don't want to repeat it.
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So, I texted friend(ish), we'll call them friend A, but after like 5 mins they didn't reply, and it was kinda urgent (ish), so I asked another classmate (who btw is really close with friend A). Then, I deleted what I asked friend A, and like a few seconds after I deleted the message they responded... But then I told them that I had already asked the other friend so it was fine, but idk if I should've told them I'd asked the other friend because I didn't want them to think I didn't expect a response from them, I was just slightly impatient and asked both so that I'd surely get an answer... Now thinking about this, it's really petty... I tend to overthink the tiniest of situations and I really hate this habit, any tips to stop me from doing this?
meditate
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by frantika)
A quote I love is: "If it doesn't help, why bother?"
Worrying won't change what you have done. So just, r e l a x. The past is gone.
In future, pause and think things through rather than rushing if you don't want to repeat it.
Ok, thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (215)
19.32%
Labour (475)
42.68%
Liberal Democrats (212)
19.05%
Green Party (57)
5.12%
Brexit Party (30)
2.7%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.36%
SNP (16)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.9%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)