The Student Room Group

getting into 6 form and gcse mock grades

can someone explain to me how grades sent to your 6th form work?
because surely if your 6 form look at your mocks your gcses are just as important as you mocks?
also I've done very bad in my mocks because of stress, family stuff going on and lack of revision ect. so I'm expecting to do a LOT better in my real gcses...
what if 6 form doesn't accept me because of my mocks?
Original post by MoreThanThis11
can someone explain to me how grades sent to your 6th form work?
because surely if your 6 form look at your mocks your gcses are just as important as you mocks?
also I've done very bad in my mocks because of stress, family stuff going on and lack of revision ect. so I'm expecting to do a LOT better in my real gcses...
what if 6 form doesn't accept me because of my mocks?

Your GCSEs are the most important criteria. From my experience, I returned to my school for their sixth form. On results day, people who didn’t get the necessary GCSEs or wanted to change subjects spoke to the teachers present, and nobody was denied a place. Don’t worry about your mocks too much so long as you put in much much more focus into your GCSEs, at the end of the day they matter the most. I believe applying to other schools you should call them and inform them of your GCSEs.
your mocks'll probably be important to some degree if you're applying to other sixth forms, but if you have extenuating circumstances for your poor grades you can always explain them in the application?
some sixth forms'll be more flexible than others, still worth applying anyway.
Reply 3
With some sixth forms You can apply on the results day using your actual GCSE Results. Also I got a 3 in my re mock and got a 9 in the real exam so don’t feel disheartened by your mock results!

Quick Reply

Latest