funding for a commercial pilot license Watch

Esimm03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,
so I've been looking around at post sixth form options and have found something that really appeals to me... I've wanted to work in aviation for a good few years now having flown some light aircraft with a friend. I found out about this school in Oxford that you can go to post sixth form, to get your ATPL (and something else I can't remember), that allows you to go into the industry... my only question is how the hell am I supposed to afford the 90K student fees😂, are there special loans available to aviation students? I'd assume it's tough but paid off after a decade or so as the pay is so high after 5+ yrs?

I'd also appreciate if any pilots on here can give their view on the job, and any tips for someone thinking about it?

thanks,
Ethan
azhal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Esimm03)
Hi,
so I've been looking around at post sixth form options and have found something that really appeals to me... I've wanted to work in aviation for a good few years now having flown some light aircraft with a friend. I found out about this school in Oxford that you can go to post sixth form, to get your ATPL (and something else I can't remember), that allows you to go into the industry... my only question is how the hell am I supposed to afford the 90K student fees😂, are there special loans available to aviation students? I'd assume it's tough but paid off after a decade or so as the pay is so high after 5+ yrs?

I'd also appreciate if any pilots on here can give their view on the job, and any tips for someone thinking about it?

thanks,
Ethan
This a duplicate post i thhinm but ill let you have it, dont go to the big school in oxford for what 90k? Its more like 140k with intrest and living costs read more into it go modular read into it, your heart has to be in it otherwise it because a bad career with time away from home nught flights and deadheading, unless you have a passion for it. There are loans for it yes BAA i think or they might have stopped recently, however theres a guy for easyjet who was on a course at oxford partnered with easy jet who paid all this money thriugh a loan and couldn't get a job because demand was high and you could finish training with a 140k debt and not even find a job for up ti 2-3 years

Modular = no bankrupsy in my opinion good luck. Keep the blue side up.
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Esimm03)
Hi,

thanks,
Ethan
Honestly, the only way to afford an integrated ATPL course is via the bank of Mum and Dad. What most pilots with non-millionaire parents decide to do is a modular route to their ATPL, this requires you to do your ATPL in modules over a long span of time in which is both significantly less money, but you can also work a full time job to pay for each module with no debt at the end of your course.

There are no special pilots loans, if you are looking to do an integrated course you will have to get a bank loan or re-mortgage a house.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads