Should I move school for sixth forms Watch

Evie78787823
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi
I’m in year 11 and I go to an all girls school. Up until now I never thought I would want to move school to go to sixth form. A few days ago I went so visit a school near me and it was amazing. It is meant to be a really good school however there are a few things holding me back. I’m am scared to make new friends and also make new bonds with teachers - if I stayed at my current school this would not be an issue (at the new sixth form 60% of sixth formers are new). Also this other school has longer days (8:40 - 5:30) however they claim that you should be able to complete all work at school. I want to go to this new school because 1. It’s mixed and 2. They have great connections and support to universities also I think it would prepare me better for uni as I am currently friends with no boys and don’t have the best social skills.

Please help I don’t know whether to stay safe in my comfort zone or take a possibly very rewarding risk?!??!
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If it was me, I would’ve taken the risk due to the reason you like it more than your current school I assume; you would be more productive. Plus since most people would be new you would have a more easier time making friends and they’ll be open to new people and conversations - this would help you with your social skills.

If you don’t like your new sixth form you can try to contact your current school if they would take you back - unlikely but there had to be some cases.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
27.27%
Spring (7)
15.91%
Autumn/Fall (13)
29.55%
Winter (8)
18.18%
I love them all equally (4)
9.09%