How do I make friends if everyone else has friends and you don't? Watch

frantika
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I'm 2 months into university. Long story short, after fresher's week and all that I still have no friends. Yet everyone else in my flat, my class, societies, have already formed groups and I'm left out!
The worse thing is, I know that I could fit in with them, and I know I could be good friends with them. I have good chat and a good sense of humour (my only good feature to be honest). But I have no idea how to make the first step to 'integrate' without looking incredibly clingy and weird, since hardly any of them know me (I've spoken to some of them 1 on 1 but it's hard to become good friends this way, since they don't hang out with me but hang out with their friends).
So: advice??
LaPregunta
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have 5 friends so forgive me, I can only answer the former part of ur question; talk to someone, it may be awkward but it will only get stranger as time goes on into the future. You should introduce yourself and try to hold a conversation.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
one of the course directors illustrated this by saying "put your hand up if you're already in an exclusive friend group and wouldn't welcome anyone who came up to you and started a conversation?"

and no one did
frantika
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
one of the course directors illustrated this by saying "put your hand up if you're already in an exclusive friend group and wouldn't welcome anyone who came up to you and started a conversation?"

and no one did
aha that's great lol. Thanks. I think I live inside my head too much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
74.36%
No I haven't decided yet (11)
14.1%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.54%

Watched Threads