How long did it take you to be accepted into an apprenticeship? Watch

Wardicle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone, So let me get right into it, I wasn't too sure what my life long career would be when I finished High school in 2018, I went to college to do a 1 year course in carpentry & Joinery but at the same time landed my self a small part-time job as an I.T Assistant through my sisters boyfriend, I was more interested in I.T so I dropped out of college in the 7th month of me attending as It would make more sense to put my focus and energy into a career that I have a true interest in but alas one day I went in to work and was told by the "manager" that shell call me when im needed. Well, weeks went on with no response, I tried going in and was told I'm not needed any more. So I was jobless because of that so-called manager. Two months after that I made the huge mistake of applying to a call centre called Teleperformance which was a SH*T show of poor work conditions and bad management. During my 2 months being there I stumbled above a Training and Apprenticeship provider call QA Apprenticeships, I applied to a few of there job adverts and got a response the next day to invite me to an apprenticeship day interview to get to know me and what apprenticeship industry in I.T would best suit me. After I was enrolled in their systems they would do all the work of setting up interviews for apprenticeships, I've been to two different interviews with two different companies, but I was unfortunately unsuccessful because the first guy didn't like that I left my call centre job after 2 months and the second interviewer understood why I left Teleperformance but someone with a little more experience in marketing got the position. So now im just waiting for my account manager from QA to phone me to set up another and hopefully successful interview. To make a long story short I'm wondering how long it took for anyone else to get an apprenticeship through a college or apprenticeship training provider.
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Look up your local 'Youth Employment Initative' (it might be called something along the lines of 'Pathways') they can offer you probably a range of directions to pick interviews from. They might also be attached to your local council who can offer you an interview for an apprenticeship.

Also I would NOT sit and rely on a provider to find you an apprenticeship.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

Go on here and start looking yourself, training providers can drag their feet because they're simply trying to bite off more than they can chew roping in as many kids as possible. You might move quicker dealing with employers directly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%