Got rejected from a grad scheme? Watch

xx1t35
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I applied for the trainee management scheme at L’Oréal. I really wanted the job and I put in so much time researching the job, the company and the values and spent hours on my answers. Even the video answer I recorded about ten times. The fact that I have been rejected before the deadline is even over and in the first stage of application is what is really making me upset. I know getting a grad scheme is hard, but I don’t get what is so bad about my applications that I’m getting knocked out at this round.
I go to a Russell group university, got A*AA at A Level, 2:1 throughout my degree and I have lots of work experience and haven’t been out of work since I was 16. I checked my grammar and put it through grammarly and read over and over my answers. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong, and it’s so frustrating putting so much time and energy into things that you’re clearly very bad at. Does anyone who has been successful have any tips about application process?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xx1t35)
I applied for the trainee management scheme at L’Oréal. I really wanted the job and I put in so much time researching the job, the company and the values and spent hours on my answers. Even the video answer I recorded about ten times. The fact that I have been rejected before the deadline is even over and in the first stage of application is what is really making me upset. I know getting a grad scheme is hard, but I don’t get what is so bad about my applications that I’m getting knocked out at this round.
I go to a Russell group university, got A*AA at A Level, 2:1 throughout my degree and I have lots of work experience and haven’t been out of work since I was 16. I checked my grammar and put it through grammarly and read over and over my answers. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong, and it’s so frustrating putting so much time and energy into things that you’re clearly very bad at. Does anyone who has been successful have any tips about application process?
You probably didn't have what they're looking for. A-level grades, university's name don't matter much to L'Oreal. They receive huge tonnes of application for their graduate scheme, so it's very competitive as they only accept a few per stream.

Were your work experience related to the job?? It’s important to have strong examples of extra curricular activity, positions of leadership, teamwork skills and if possible relevant work experience or internships to the stream you're applying to. Either way, it's better to just move on and apply to more grad scheme.
xx1t35
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
You probably didn't have what they're looking for. A-level grades, university's name don't matter much to L'Oreal. They receive huge tonnes of application for their graduate scheme, so it's very competitive as they only accept a few per stream.

Were your work experience related to the job?? It’s important to have strong examples of extra curricular activity, positions of leadership, teamwork skills and if possible relevant work experience or internships to the stream you're applying to. Either way, it's better to just move on and apply to more grad scheme.
I understand that. But I had a lot of relevant experience and L’Oréal was such one that I felt passionate about because I love beauty and fashion and I really demonstrated that in my answers.
My experience was: 1) reception work ( a highly management role at a beauty salon), 2) I lead a team of people in a business development programme, 3) i tutored GCSE students. I also mentioned my retail experience and that I did part time beauty modelling.. the only thing about experience that possibly let me down was the fact I have no internships or anything like that I personally am done with graduate schemes but thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (172)
70.78%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
17.7%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
11.52%

Watched Threads