Approaching women (for girls) Watch

Leonardo85
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
just wondering what kinds of phrases you would like to hear from a guy you don't know when approaching you (for example if you are in a supermarket or in the gym) and also which are the most annoying ways guys have tried to approach you or simply which things a guy shouldn't say when trying to chat a girl up. :rolleyes:
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try: "Are you lost ma'am? Because heaven is a long way from here"
buttons_andbeads
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You - How much does a polar bear weigh?
Her - I don't know.. how much?
You - Enough to break the ice. Hi my name's ...

Works every time
perkyDani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i've always thought that strangesr who randomly chat me up on the street or something are weird, like why would they just come up to me? they know nothing about me so I always think they are the pervy guys who just want sex, and will approach as many girls as they can.

What is your genuine motivation? If a girl were persuaded that you were other than the above she might be interested
fizzerz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nothing too pushy or obvious. Friendly, and if you get a good vibe maybe a bit jokey.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Find something interesting to say rather than 'I couldn't help noticing you' or something ridiculous like that. E.g. if someone's in the supermarket buying tuna approach them with an interesting fact about tuna. The girl will know you're trying to chat her up but it'll be much more appreciated than a crappy chat up line. Or make a comment about her tshirt; even something like 'you're the spitting image of this singer in this band, have you heard of them?' will be more appreciated than most lines.
rummang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by missygeorgia)
E.g. if someone's in the supermarket buying tuna approach them with an interesting fact about tuna.
I've taken note of this and I'm looking up facts for anything that can be found in a supermarket as we speak. Then I'm running over to Tesco's.
lazza
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if a guy came up to me in the supermarket with a chatup line, in fact anywhere with a chat up line, i'd see him as an idiot...

a simple hi will do you know
emilina
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try interesting facts on bananas or sausages or some other phallicly connotated food product
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by missygeorgia)
Find something interesting to say rather than 'I couldn't help noticing you' or something ridiculous like that. E.g. if someone's in the supermarket buying tuna approach them with an interesting fact about tuna. The girl will know you're trying to chat her up but it'll be much more appreciated than a crappy chat up line. Or make a comment about her tshirt; even something like 'you're the spitting image of this singer in this band, have you heard of them?' will be more appreciated than most lines.
Casanova, eat your heart out.
buttons_andbeads
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
took me a while to get that
Oh my extreme wit is wasted in these forums :p:
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by perkyDani)
i've always thought that strangesr who randomly chat me up on the street or something are weird, like why would they just come up to me? they know nothing about me so I always think they are the pervy guys who just want sex, and will approach as many girls as they can.

What is your genuine motivation? If a girl were persuaded that you were other than the above she might be interested
fair enough, but what else are we supposed to go?

A lot of girls won't make the first move because they expect the guy to. And when the guy does, we're pervs :rolleyes:
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You could follow her around the supermarket picking up all the same items as she does- so it looks like you two have lots in common.
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by perkyDani)

So if a guy saw you and thought "wow, she's absolutely gorgeous and she looks really interesting, I just have to try and get to know her!" you'd think that was creepy?
emilina
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
You could follow her around the supermarket picking up all the same items as she does- so it looks like you two have lots in common.
or it will look like he is stalking her and maybe wants to sacrafice her in some pagan ritual :p: either way
εїз pinga εїз
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Things not to do:
-be persistent. If she says she needs to go somewhere, take the hint.
-block her way! some guy did this to me, so he could carry on talking to me and I couldn't walk past.
-after getting the number, do not ring it to check if she fake-numbered you. Some guy did this to me. wtf?? If I fake numbered you the first time I'm hardly gonna wanna talk anyway!
-if it's a party situation: do not grab. I'm not joking I was walking along with a guy I thought seemed nice, and out of nowhere he seized me and planted a kiss on me. It was incredibly invasive.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by emilina)
or it will look like he is stalking her and maybe wants to sacrafice her in some pagan ritual :p: either way
No lots in common,

"Oh I see you like 800 gram packets of Frosties too, we must talk cereal some time... Can I have your number" It can never fail.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, when I was about 14 a maybe 50 yr old guy came up to me (in the door way of a shop) and said:
I like your breasts. Can I touch them?
Yeah, so don't try that
snorty_swirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i may b in a minority but i would prefer a guy to come up with a really corny line, at least it would show that he can make me laugh and break the ice. However a simple Hi would be fine, or something related to what i am doing at the time showing that he has noticed me (but NOT if it is like 'sooo.. two days ago you had steak for dinner?)
yes i will shut up now
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I usually like funny lines, but just saying hi is okay.
God I love funny ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads