Interview with an Unheard-of Firm Watch

academic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How would you recommend I practise for an interview with a firm that doesn't even have a website?

It's a small financial firm, almost boutique. Should I just stick to the typical competency questions?

Thanks in advance.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That and financial stuff in the news, depending on the firm type. If it's a hedge fund or investment firm, they may ask you about what you'd buy and why - will gold, oil or other commodities keep rising? What sectors look good? If it's a PE or M&A firm, they may ask about anything, from insight into deals currently going through to your knowledge of their subject matter.

Generally boutique firms won't want to train you as much as IBs with grad programmes will, so they'd expect you to know a lot more. Hence it'll likely be more subject than competancy based.
ttx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by academic)
How would you recommend I practise for an interview with a firm that doesn't even have a website?
Linkedin is your friend, chances are at least some of the employees will have profiles (with luck even your interviewer) which might give you a clue about what you should be studying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (256)
39.02%
No - but I will (45)
6.86%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
46.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed