Stupid delays on new car Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I have finished my placement year and just like the responsible human I am I saved my money .... for a few weeks and brought a new car. When I brought the car I was told a wait of 3 months and I was like ok cool. 3 months later There has been a few week delay, ok cool. A few weeks later just another few weeks delay and that few weeks was over today where they told me a 1 month delay again because they are struggling to make the engine.

It has been 6 months and all I get is a sorry for your inconvenience. I want to know does this normally happen because I have no idea and I have seen some people who have had there car delayed a few weeks to get a nice amount of money off the car as compensation and I haven’t been given anything.

Just wanted to know if these sort of delays are normal and if you think I should say something because I am being inconvenienced quite a lot by this delay?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I have finished my placement year and just like the responsible human I am I saved my money .... for a few weeks and brought a new car. When I brought the car I was told a wait of 3 months and I was like ok cool. 3 months later There has been a few week delay, ok cool. A few weeks later just another few weeks delay and that few weeks was over today where they told me a 1 month delay again because they are struggling to make the engine.

It has been 6 months and all I get is a sorry for your inconvenience. I want to know does this normally happen because I have no idea and I have seen some people who have had there car delayed a few weeks to get a nice amount of money off the car as compensation and I haven’t been given anything.

Just wanted to know if these sort of delays are normal and if you think I should say something because I am being inconvenienced quite a lot by this delay?
If they told you it will be three months them that what it should be

If the car is being factory built to order then they usually on time with there dates given unless there's issues at the manufacturing side.
If you unhappy about them not keeping there side of the agreement then ask for any full refund of deposit.
And perhaps go somewhere else.
You can ask for something of for the delay you had but chances are none but try anyway.
Anonymous #1
If they told you it will be three months them that what it should be

If the car is being factory built to order then they usually on time with there dates given unless there's issues at the manufacturing side.
If you unhappy about them not keeping there side of the agreement then ask for any full refund of deposit.
And perhaps go somewhere else.
You can ask for something of for the delay you had but chances are none but try anyway.
I would go elsewhere but I really don’t want to wait another 3 months, but now you let me know about how they should stick to the time I will see if I can get some sort of lowered price
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I would go elsewhere but I really don’t want to wait another 3 months, but now you let me know about how they should stick to the time I will see if I can get some sort of lowered price
You could change to a different model of manufacturer car and get something quicker,
Is the one you wanting being factory built to order or is the dealership having issues getting it for you but giving excuses perhaps to try and keep you as a customer.

I think if they can't commit to the time they given you I think you can defo ask for any full refund if you wanted to but as its now six months you been waiting I would give serious thoughts of going to somewhere else but you might not have to wait, go and talk to another dealer locally and see what they say then decide what to do but certainly ask your current dealer for something off or a dealership cashback offer
Anonymous #1
You could change to a different model of manufacturer car and get something quicker,
Is the one you wanting being factory built to order or is the dealership having issues getting it for you but giving excuses perhaps to try and keep you as a customer.

I think if they can't commit to the time they given you I think you can defo ask for any full refund if you wanted to but as its now six months you been waiting I would give serious thoughts of going to somewhere else but you might not have to wait, go and talk to another dealer locally and see what they say then decide what to do but certainly ask your current dealer for something off or a dealership cashback offer
Yeah the spec for the car I want is only from a factory order. I will give them this last date which they said December 12th if not i’m just going to cancel and buy a stock car
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Yeah the spec for the car I want is only from a factory order. I will give them this last date which they said December 12th if not i’m just going to cancel and buy a stock car
Hi

Yeah you should have to wait this long because you should had it by now.

You should ask them what's happenening with this as you not happy waiting six months because the time things getting sorted out the next registration will be out in beginning of March.
Beware of any conditions in your agreement if any okay because of it being a order to built.

I'm the same as yourself as factory built to order for the one I want as I after the diesel version and this must be built to order and its now 7 weeks out of the three months I was told by dealership, I dropped the sales person a message asking and there's nothing yet from them but there's still time as apparently they are usually within the three months timeframe they set.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
27.27%
Spring (7)
15.91%
Autumn/Fall (13)
29.55%
Winter (8)
18.18%
I love them all equally (4)
9.09%