AQA A Linear Mathematics Watch

doingmybest
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am currently doing some practice papers and trying to get as much revision in as possible over the summer; I'll sit this exam next year.

Just hoped that guys would be able to tell me, when doing practice papers, how can you work out what grade your mark is equivalent to?

Foundation and higher.

For example : foundation 100% = c, 80% = d etc etc :rolleyes:

Thank you very much in advance.

X
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since the course started for the current (but not for long) year 11s, no-one knows the grade boundries. Many people have guessed but no-one really knows until the papers/mark schemes appear on the AQA website.
Jerking My Gerking
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is no way to tell, but at a rough estimate say 72% A*, 55% A, 32% B, 15% C.
doingmybest
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jerking My Gerking)
There is no way to tell, but at a rough estimate say 72% A*, 55% A, 32% B, 15% C.
That's great; just a rough guide is all I am after really. So if 15% (approx ) is a C on the higher paper - what's a fail? That seems incredibly low!

Do you have any idea what it is for the foundation paper?

Basically, I need a C, maths isn't my strongest subject, I am self tutoring whilst doing my degree, and I am unsure whether to just take foundation or to take higher. I am assuming that because C is the highest grade on the foundation paper then the % pass mark would be very high - like 80-90%, but I am simply guessing -it's got to be relative to a C on the higher :confused:

Many Thanks

X
Jerking My Gerking
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by doingmybest)
That's great; just a rough guide is all I am after really. So if 15% (approx ) is a C on the higher paper - what's a fail? That seems incredibly low!

Do you have any idea what it is for the foundation paper?

Basically, I need a C, maths isn't my strongest subject, I am self tutoring whilst doing my degree, and I am unsure whether to just take foundation or to take higher. I am assuming that because C is the highest grade on the foundation paper then the % pass mark would be very high - like 80-90%, but I am simply guessing -it's got to be relative to a C on the higher :confused:

Many Thanks

X
You can't get less than a C on the paper. If you are very strong at certain parts, but weak at other take higher. If you are OK in most topics then do foundation. To get a C at foundation you need to make a good attempt at most questions, but they won't be too challenging. TO get a C on a higher you need to answer about 1/4 of the questions properly so need a good, full knowledge in certain topics.

BTW I'd appreciate some rep as it seems I'm only repped for bad things

Hope it all goes well.
doingmybest
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jerking My Gerking)
You can't get less than a C on the paper. If you are very strong at certain parts, but weak at other take higher. If you are OK in most topics then do foundation. To get a C at foundation you need to make a good attempt at most questions, but they won't be too challenging. TO get a C on a higher you need to answer about 1/4 of the questions properly so need a good, full knowledge in certain topics.

BTW I'd appreciate some rep as it seems I'm only repped for bad things

Hope it all goes well.
That's really helpful - thank you very much

X
Jerking My Gerking
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yay, out the red! Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.89%
No - but I will (13)
4.51%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (143)
49.65%

Watched Threads