The Student Room Group

Is geting certificates from edx and alisons certified training legal in the uk?

I am intested in following my dreams and notice these sites Alison certified traininf and edx coursera etc, I am from Scotland uk but is it legall to get certificates and diplomas from there?
Original post by Scientist-to be
I am intested in following my dreams and notice these sites Alison certified traininf and edx coursera etc, I am from Scotland uk but is it legall to get certificates and diplomas from there?

Link the courses, but doesnt sound up to much.
What is it you want to train to become?
What stage is your education at?
Now I am trying to find out things should I continue with khan academy or use pdfs and books what do you think is best? im from Scotland uk.
I mean it's legal in the sense that you can do it? Your question doesn't really make sense.

If you are trying to ask "will these mean anything and/or be equivalent to a degree for prospective employers or for going on to pursue graduate studies at a university", the answer is probably no.

They can be a good way to explore your interests in various subject areas, which you may wish to pursue to degree level at some point. I would not, however, recommend spending any money on them.
Well technically your right but as the university part I’d love to but there so damn expensive these days and not all of us can afford it, that’s why I thought about those sites might be easier to get the degree if it would work.
Original post by Scientist-to be
Well technically your right but as the university part I’d love to but there so damn expensive these days and not all of us can afford it, that’s why I thought about those sites might be easier to get the degree if it would work.

If you're a Scottish student SAAS should pay for your tuition fees at a Scottish university, and you can apply for a maintenance loan to cover e.g. housing costs. For studying elsewhere in the UK you can apply for a tuition fee loan which will cover the full cost of tuition and a maintenance loan.

It would literally cost you more both in the short and long term to pay for a bunch of certificates from these website, than to apply to a university and take advantage of the student finance available to you. They would also be worth considerably less than this cost. You should spend some time learning about how student finance in the UK works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending