KweenAngel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I really really wanna do my A levels after I finish gcses and I have some sort of plan for my life but my parents r forcing me to go to this other thing called “alimiyyah studies” it’s like a 5 year course where you study stuff got to do with islam and whatever. I talked to my mum about it recently where I wanted to do college but she said no and lectured me and didn’t even listen to my point of view. My dad doesn’t know yet and I don’t wanna tell him cuz he has temper issues. They also think I’m capable to do both when I really am not. I talked to my school about it they just advise and didn’t really help but they kinda like advising me to go to that religious course. Idk what to do I’m stuck I have no one to talk to no one understands me and they just believe I’ll get pushed into going to the other course. 😭
mishteymur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by KweenAngel)
I really really wanna do my A levels after I finish gcses and I have some sort of plan for my life but my parents r forcing me to go to this other thing called “alimiyyah studies” it’s like a 5 year course where you study stuff got to do with islam and whatever. I talked to my mum about it recently where I wanted to do college but she said no and lectured me and didn’t even listen to my point of view. My dad doesn’t know yet and I don’t wanna tell him cuz he has temper issues. They also think I’m capable to do both when I really am not. I talked to my school about it they just advise and didn’t really help but they kinda like advising me to go to that religious course. Idk what to do I’m stuck I have no one to talk to no one understands me and they just believe I’ll get pushed into going to the other course. 😭
Girl, I've been in a similar situation before. If your parents are forcing you, you need to convince them to make a compromise. This is your future; believe it or not, but your parents aren't going to be with you every step of the way, you're an independent girl and it's time that you should enforce that plan that you've made. I suggest you speak to them and explain that you're passionate about doing A levels, tell them your future plans, and tell them that you're willing to make some compromise, like for example, you're willing to attend some classes after college or something to do with Islam. You shouldn't let your parents dictate your life like that, parents have that control bone in them, which makes them protective over you. You need to assure them. Convince them continuously, they'll see the passion you hold for doing A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (75)
18.7%
Labour (161)
40.15%
Liberal Democrats (86)
21.45%
Green Party (30)
7.48%
Brexit Party (12)
2.99%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.5%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.25%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)