I don't love my girlfriend any more but I don't want to break up Watch

I HAVE SPOKEN
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been going out with this girl for over 3 months and I used to be madly in love with her but recently I have found her clingy and annoying. She is always trying to make me jealous and she's always moody. She's incredibly needy and a bit intense for me. I don't want to leave her tho because she has bad mental health issues and I feel if I leave her I might regret it. Any advice?
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes
If the relationship is not working then you need to end it
You should do it kindly. There is no need for nasty comments.
Just tell her that for you it is not working anymore and it is kinder to let her find someone else.
Expect her to be upset. You have to be firm in your decision. Don’t change your mind. Just be kind
You are not responsible for her mental health or her response. You cannot stay in a relationship with someone for that reason. You would both be unhappy
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by I HAVE SPOKEN)
I've been going out with this girl for over 3 months and I used to be madly in love with her but recently I have found her clingy and annoying. She is always trying to make me jealous and she's always moody. She's incredibly needy and a bit intense for me. I don't want to leave her tho because she has bad mental health issues and I feel if I leave her I might regret it. Any advice?
not a good moment to leave her if her mental health is a mess. unless her problems are like chronic?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
It's definitely not an easy conversation to have but you need to break up asap - it's not fair for either of you otherwise. I think staying with someone because you feel bad for them/their health is recipe for disaster. Just be very gentle and empathetic
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
it's never going to be a 'good moment' to leave her but you have to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (215)
19.33%
Labour (475)
42.72%
Liberal Democrats (212)
19.06%
Green Party (57)
5.13%
Brexit Party (30)
2.7%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.36%
SNP (16)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.9%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)