Jhill98_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi Everyone,

This is a general forum for anyone and everyone applying to graduate entry dentistry for entry in September 2021!

feel free to leave questions and comments. Hopefully the collective info will help at least one of you out

GOOD LUCK!
Gumballfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hope you do well! I’m currently a yr12 student and I’m thinking of taking that route as well, however how are you paying for your second undergraduate degree? And I was told that they prefer biomedical science over oral health science when applying to dentistry, is that the case and if so what do you think?
BLuemoon2018
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am applying for graduate entry dentistry this year to all 3 of the graduate universities (UCLAN,KCL and Aberdeen). I recently sat my UCAT exam but I unfortunately got a lot lower than I had hoped with a score of 2500. Is this score to low to be able to get in? I would ideally love to go to Kings but they are UCAT heavy? Do you think I still have a chance at getting into KCL?
byswa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I emailed the head of admissions last year and he said that they usually consider scores of 650 to be competitive for grad entry. Maybe apply for kcl undergrad instead

(Original post by BLuemoon2018)
I am applying for graduate entry dentistry this year to all 3 of the graduate universities (UCLAN,KCL and Aberdeen). I recently sat my UCAT exam but I unfortunately got a lot lower than I had hoped with a score of 2500. Is this score to low to be able to get in? I would ideally love to go to Kings but they are UCAT heavy? Do you think I still have a chance at getting into KCL?
BLuemoon2018
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by byswa)
I emailed the head of admissions last year and he said that they usually consider scores of 650 to be competitive for grad entry. Maybe apply for kcl undergrad instead
Okay, thank you for the help!
seren.williams
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by geroglu)
Wanted to create a thread for 2021 grad entry applicants to Dentistry

I'm applying to Aberdeen only and currently studying Oral Health Science (Dental Hygiene and Therapy) at the University of Dundee.
Hi! I’m applying for 2021 graduate entry dentistry too! I’m going into my final year of Biomedical Science (physiology) at Cardiff University! I’m applying to UCLAN and Aberdeen and 2 undergrad programs (not sure how I’m going to fund them but I’ll cross that bridge if/when it come to it!!!) good luck with your application!!
aspireddentist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by seren.williams)
Hi! I’m applying for 2021 graduate entry dentistry too! I’m going into my final year of Biomedical Science (physiology) at Cardiff University! I’m applying to UCLAN and Aberdeen and 2 undergrad programs (not sure how I’m going to fund them but I’ll cross that bridge if/when it come to it!!!) good luck with your application!!
Hi!
I am applying as a graduate too but with achieved 1st in biomed and distinction in MSc Nutrition and Food Science.
I will apply to Leeds, UClan, Aberdeen and Queen Mary's.
Do you know whether UClan's entrance exam will be held online cause they haven't updated their site yet.
geroglu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by seren.williams)
Aww amazing!! Good luck to you too. How did you find the UCAT?
geroglu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aspireddentist)
Hi!
I am applying as a graduate too but with achieved 1st in biomed and distinction in MSc Nutrition and Food Science.
I will apply to Leeds, UClan, Aberdeen and Queen Mary's.
Do you know whether UClan's entrance exam will be held online cause they haven't updated their site yet.
That’s so cool! All the best with your application. I imagine most interviews/entrance exams will shift towards being online but could always phone up and ask?
geroglu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gumballfan)
Hope you do well! I’m currently a yr12 student and I’m thinking of taking that route as well, however how are you paying for your second undergraduate degree? And I was told that they prefer biomedical science over oral health science when applying to dentistry, is that the case and if so what do you think?
I would contact the universities you would like to apply to and see if they accept oral health science
aspireddentist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s so cool! All the best with your application. I imagine most interviews/entrance exams will shift towards being online but could always phone up and ask?
Thank you!
Wishing you all the best too. Did you sit your UCAT exam?
geroglu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aspireddentist)
Thank you!
Wishing you all the best too. Did you sit your UCAT exam?
Yeah I sat it a couple of weeks ago, didn’t do as well as I hoped but think it was due to nerves on the day! Yourself?
Hdheimdnbf
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know what ucat kcl want for grad dent would 2780 be ok? Also do they look much at personal statement etc
geroglu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hdheimdnbf)
Does anyone know what ucat kcl want for grad dent would 2780 be ok? Also do they look much at personal statement etc
Hey, that’s an amazing score well done! I would defo apply, not sure how each section is weighed up - would probably send an email to find out.
Hdheimdnbf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, that’s an amazing score well done! I would defo apply, not sure how each section is weighed up - would probably send an email to find out.
Thanks who do I email
geroglu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would check the KCL dentistry admissions contact number online - either a phone number or email should be available there
Hdheimdnbf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how much emphasis kcl put on the reference and personal statement?
Hdheimdnbf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by byswa)
Do you have the email for head of admissions I can’t find It?
Hdheimdnbf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’m applying this year I had a few questions what sort of ucat score would kcl grad need would 695 band 1 be fine? Also do they look a lot at personal statement? I’m predicted a first but worried I’ll not get an interview due to lack of dental work experience due to covid 19
Nicoleee97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone! Applying as a graduate with a 2:1 in biomed to both KCL’s programmes, QMUL and Aberdeen. I have a UCAT of 2660 B1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (51)
36.69%
No (71)
51.08%
I don't know (17)
12.23%

Watched Threads