King's College London or Leiden University for BA in International Relations Watch

immortalbeing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hello,By this time next year I will be applying to universities and one of the hardest choices I will have to make is where to study. I have researched in detail about the programs both of the universities offer. At one time I was leaning towards Leiden due to the not so expensive tuition and the location (being in The Hague , the center of politics in The Netherlands). But now I have also started to consider the UK as an option. KCL seems to offer more variety. For example, Japan and East Asian Security seems tempting to me. My dream university has always been LSE (having an amazing program for International Relations) but unfortunately I do not think I will be able to get in there, as I meet the minimum academic requirements, so I need to look at things realistically. I should mention that I am from a country that is a part of the EU.My biggest concern is the quality of education in both of these universities (Leiden;KCL). Would it be a shame if I am accepted into both of them but turn down KCL to go to Leiden? Which is better in your opinion? It would also be helpful if you give me information about LSE and how hard it really is to get in there (although I barely have a chance of getting in the university).Thank you in advance!
Last edited by immortalbeing; 2 days ago
TheOtherTeam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I'm pretty sure KCL has A*AA requirements for the course so it might be even harder to get into than the LSE
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
You have until next year to think this out and even longer until you have to make a firm decision.
So I dont quite understand why you are getting in such a panic about it now.

Useful reading before you actually apply anywhere -
How to Avoid 5 Rejections :https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Choosing Firm/Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (106)
55.79%
18-20 years old (no) (22)
11.58%
20-25 years old (yes) (30)
15.79%
20-25 years old (no) (1)
0.53%
25-30 years old (yes) (14)
7.37%