Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
My boyfriends parents are strict and have always wanted to make sure he marries within his caste. His ex was a different caste...they were together a couple of years but he never told his parents about her. They would go out drinking a lot together, but my bf told his mum he’s only been out like 5 times (partying).

I’m the same caste as my bf and he told his parents about me straight away..they are happy and we get on really well. I rarely drink and my bf loves this about me. He always talks about the importance of keeping his parents happy, as well as me.

If he’s so keen on making sure his parents are happy, why did he mess around slightly and hide things from them before I came along?!
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriends parents are strict and have always wanted to make sure he marries within his caste. His ex was a different caste...they were together a couple of years but he never told his parents about her. They would go out drinking a lot together, but my bf told his mum he’s only been out like 5 times (partying).

I’m the same caste as my bf and he told his parents about me straight away..they are happy and we get on really well. I rarely drink and my bf loves this about me. He always talks about the importance of keeping his parents happy, as well as me.

If he’s so keen on making sure his parents are happy, why did he mess around slightly and hide things from them before I came along?!
Because he wanted to have fun before getting serious. It seems he wants to wife you, so has made sure that you are the one i.e. from the same caste, non-drinker, probably calmer etc.

Some guys do that stuff of playing around then looking for a good decent woman to wife. You can take him to task on his past, but you may just create unnecessary arguments.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Because he wanted to have fun before getting serious. It seems he wants to wife you, so has made sure that you are the one i.e. from the same caste, non-drinker, probably calmer etc.

Some guys do that stuff of playing around then looking for a good decent woman to wife. You can take him to task on his past, but you may just create unnecessary arguments.
I kind of thought this... there’s certain things he did back then that he wouldn’t do with me because, in his words, he knows I’m the one.
He spoke about marriage pretty much straight away with me yet he never mentioned it in his past relationship
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I kind of thought this... there’s certain things he did back then that he wouldn’t do with me because, in his words, he knows I’m the one.
He spoke about marriage pretty much straight away with me yet he never mentioned it in his past relationship
That’s the point. Many guys are careful when they meet the one. They try to work hard and be on their best behaviour because she is the potential Mrs.
pancakedreams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
That was probably an exciting thrill for him, but you’re the real deal
Anonymous #1
Ok
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
??
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
It seems he wants to wife you, so has made sure that you are the one i.e. from the same caste, non-drinker, probably calmer etc.

"to wife"?! It's not a verb!
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
"to wife"?! It's not a verb!
I apologise. I was trying to use the kids’ lingo.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
My boyfriends parents are strict
Do they insist on apostrophes?

and have always wanted to make sure he marries within his caste.
They value what really matters then ..

They would go out drinking a lot together
I rarely drink and my bf loves this about me.
Sounds like a liar.

That's a question for him. His parents seem quite shallow though.
pancakedreams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
That was probably an exciting thrill for him, but you’re the real deal
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

Bit old fashioned this caste business isn't it. We are all born equal and we all die equal.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
??
How many ****ing threads do you need asking the same idiotic question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (213)
53.25%
18-20 years old (no) (51)
12.75%
20-25 years old (yes) (63)
15.75%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.25%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
6%