Kai9229
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Had an essay that is 30% of one on my modules in the first semester and had submitted it but forgot that it had to be in a pdf format or it doesn’t submit for some reason and have just realised 3 days after the deadline that it didn’t work. It’s my fault as I should have known so there’s no point in asking the lectures to give me any consideration. I’ve basically lost all my marks for the essay and now feel very unmotivated about uni in general.I still have 4 other modules to focus on plus the other 70% to do in this one, do you think I’ll still be able to get a decent grade at the end of this year (want to get around 70% overall) or will it affect my grade a lot?
Last edited by Kai9229; 4 days ago
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Kai9229)
Had an essay that is 30% of one on my modules in the first semester and had submitted it but forgot that it had to be in a pdf format or it doesn’t submit for some reason and have just realised 3 days after the deadline that it didn’t work. It’s my fault as I should have known so there’s no point in asking the lectures to give me any consideration. I’ve basically lost all my marks for the essay and now feel very unmotivated about uni in general.I still have 4 other modules to focus on plus the other 70% to do in this one, do you think I’ll still be able to get a decent grade at the end of this year (want to get around 70% overall) or will it affect my grade a lot?
Assuming you have another 5 modules next semester and they're all equally weighted, you've lost a max of 3% (that would be if you'd got 100% on this essay so ultimately you've lost less than that). You can definitely pull this back up :yep: Are you sure that you dont just have a certain percentage penalty/cap for submitting late? Because it would be worth submitting it and picking up a bit if so rather than getting nothing!
Kai9229
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
No there’s 5 modules in total throughout the year.I have submitted it but I’m pretty sure after 2 or 3 days after the deadline all marks are deducted.I need 40% to pass this module and the highest I can get now is 60% and that’s if I get 100% in my next essay and presentation.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Kai9229)
No there’s 5 modules in total throughout the year.I have submitted it but I’m pretty sure after 2 or 3 days after the deadline all marks are deducted.I need 40% to pass this module and the highest I can get now is 60% and that’s if I get 100% in my next essay and presentation.
Right so it's 6% maximum if they're equally weighted modules. And the highest you can get in this module should be 70% if you've missed 30% of the module? Assuming you get nothing for this first essay you need just over 57% on the remainder to pass the module. You'll obviously need higher than 70% on the other modules to pull this one up to average 70 overall but it's definitely doable :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (113)
64.94%
No (61)
35.06%

Watched Threads