Do people only use Tinder for hooking up? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I have never used Tinder before and I am contemplating downloading it because I feel lonely.

I am 18 years old, never been in a relationship or anything like that. I am not from the UK and so where I am from Tinder wasn't popular or mainstream.

I heard that people only use Tinder for hooking up. So, by setting up an account and planning a date, would it be highly presumed by my date that I want something physical? Because I only want to go out on cute dates and genuinely get to know people.

Dk how stupid my question sounds, but I am generally not up to date with the unwritten social conventions associated with Tinder
ساره
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
From what I’ve heard yes
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by ساره)
From what I’ve heard yes
In the UK specifically?
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
For many, yes. But not everyone; my brother just married a woman he met on Tinder.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
Ngl I use tinder for mainly an ego boost.

It’s nice to match with girls so I know at least some extent I’m at least reasonably alright to look at 😅
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Some do. Some don't. My friend uses it for dating. Had a relationship for a year with a girl he met on there.

Other apps, e.g. paid services, are better for finding a date than a hook-up. Although I've had a few relationships with people I met on Plenty of Fish and that was free.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Although I've had a few relationships with people I met on Plenty of Fish and that was free.
A few? :shock:

I've been on there ages and haven't even had a decent conversation with anyone yet.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
Idk if it’s different for straight people but for us gays it’s definitely used more for relationships. Grindr is our “hookup app”.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (259)
54.3%
18-20 years old (no) (61)
12.79%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.77%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.89%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.24%