The Student Room Group

Guy I’m talking to makes jokes about my looks and body

So this guy I’ve been talking to for a while often tells me I look too good for him and that he’s worried I’ll find someone better and leave him.
However, he constantly makes jokes about my looks and body, e.g after eating a meal he jokes about how bloated I look. He points out hairs on my body I haven’t gotten around to waxing etc.
I told him how insecure all this makes me feel but he just said ‘you know you look good, I always tell you how good looking you are’ and completely dismissed how I felt. He gave a terrible apology but he took back his apology after I pointed out how that was barely an apology.
Am I overreacting in this situation?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So this guy I’ve been talking to for a while often tells me I look too good for him and that he’s worried I’ll find someone better and leave him.
However, he constantly makes jokes about my looks and body, e.g after eating a meal he jokes about how bloated I look. He points out hairs on my body I haven’t gotten around to waxing etc.
I told him how insecure all this makes me feel but he just said ‘you know you look good, I always tell you how good looking you are’ and completely dismissed how I felt. He gave a terrible apology but he took back his apology after I pointed out how that was barely an apology.
Am I overreacting in this situation?

here's your answer: "he’s worried I’ll find someone better and leave him." he wants to destroy your confidence, so that you don't.
Tell him to stop it and give your reason. If he gives a half assed apology or dismisses it and continues then cut all ties with him.
Reply 3
Original post by ElNiñoo
Tell him to stop it and give your reason. If he gives a half assed apology or dismisses it and continues then cut all ties with him.

Funnily enough, he just stopped talking to me because I overreacted and I’m being toxic... and making him depressed. Ugh
Original post by Anonymous
Funnily enough, he just stopped talking to me because I overreacted and I’m being toxic... and making him depressed. Ugh

His loss.
he is manipulative and is trying to lower your confidence best stay clear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending