Please read Watch

Dgriff99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Please take a minute to read!!!
A few weeks ago we found out that my baby nephew has stage 4 cancer, he started aggressive chemo 2 days after being diagnosed which has made more health problems rise up on the way; meaning that his mother has had to stay in hospital with him for weeks, whilst his father travels a considerably long distance from his house to the hospital and back everyday- due to them also having two young daughters which still need to go on with every day life, eg school.
Travel costs and general living fees for baby and the family are obviously a lot more now.
So I’ve just had a brain wave (as you do at 1:30am)
I’ve been with the family every single step of his journey, yet there is nothing we can really do to help, except give support- so seeing as I am an art student, I have come up with the idea of maybe doing commissions for people and donating all of the money I earn to baby and family, just to help them out so they don’t feel like they have another thing to worry about when it comes to paying for anything, I’m just wondering peoples thoughts on this? Is this a good idea? Or any advice on how I would go about it?
As I said, this was a 1:30am brain wave so not much thought has gone into it yet but I just want to help in any way that I can
Thank you
Elliott Ashton
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I think its an amazing idea, go for it💙
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (155)
53.08%
18-20 years old (no) (35)
11.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (47)
16.1%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.37%
25-30 years old (yes) (20)
6.85%
25-30 years old (no) (0)
0%
30-40 years old (yes) (16)
5.48%
30-40 years old (no) (3)
1.03%
40+ years old (yes) (6)
2.05%
40+ years old (no) (6)
2.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise